Chantix

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Went to the doctor and he of course told me I should quit smoking so he prescribed Chantix. I knew that crap was pretty expensive ($400) so I really wasn't planning on getting scrip filled but Teamcare covered it 100%.

Anyways, long story short, I started taking it and I am on day 8 of the plan. It says to set a quit date somewhere from day 1 to 30 and mine is April 8th. I still smoke and am not sure if this stuff just eliminates the cravings or does something else to the receptors in the brain that gets pleasure from smoking.

My plan is to just stop when I run out on the 8th. Anyone try this stuff and do something different or something similar. I have enough of the Chantix for four months so I'm willing to give it a try. Any experience or comments appreciated.

hyena

Went to the doctor and he of course told me I should quit smoking so he prescribed Chantix. I knew that crap was pretty expensive ($400) so I really wasn't planning on getting scrip filled but Teamcare covered it 100%.

Anyways, long story short, I started taking it and I am on day 8 of the plan. It says to set a quit date somewhere from day 1 to 30 and mine is April 8th. I still smoke and am not sure if this stuff just eliminates the cravings or does something else to the receptors in the brain that gets pleasure from smoking.

My plan is to just stop when I run out on the 8th. Anyone try this stuff and do something different or something similar. I have enough of the Chantix for four months so I'm willing to give it a try. Any experience or comments appreciated.
Cold turkeys the best way. I tried the chantix before and it was making me sick. Ups benefits hooked me up with it but I kept smoking. About a year ago I lit my last one up.. Good luck it's a lot better when you break away from the habit...

scooby0048

Cold turkeys the best way. I tried the chantix before and it was making me sick. Ups benefits hooked me up with it but I kept smoking. About a year ago I lit my last one up.. Good luck it's a lot better when you break away from the habit...
It will be cold-turkey on the 8th but I just want to know what to expect. For example, once I stop do I magically not want to smoke thanks to Chantix or am I gonna have to go on a killin spree to get it outta my head.

Star B

White Lightening
I quit cold turkey about 10 years ago, however, I have no experience with Chantix. Quitting is not an easy road, but it will be well worth it.

hyena

It will be cold-turkey on the 8th but I just want to know what to expect. For example, once I stop do I magically not want to smoke thanks to Chantix or am I gonna have to go on a killin spree to get it outta my head.
I think it just depends on you. I quit about 4 times untill I finally quit. I'd go a month or two , then get mad and the first thing I wanted was a smoke. Or friends would come over and smoke then I'd want one. It just takes time and eventually you won't care. The most important thing is once you quit don't give in for nothing. It will get easier it just takes time.

I think it just depends on you. I quit about 4 times untill I finally quit. I'd go a month or two , then get mad and the first thing I wanted was a smoke. Or friends would come over and smoke then I'd want one. It just takes time and eventually you won't care. The most important thing is once you quit don't give in for nothing. It will get easier it just takes time.
WDFD

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

When I quit over 25 years ago, I found that chewing sugarless gum or eating sunflower seeds helped.

scooby0048

I quit cold turkey about 10 years ago, however, I have no experience with Chantix. Quitting is not an easy road, but it will be well worth it.
I did it once for about 5 months thanks to hypnotism. The patches made me sick, the gum made me OD on nicotine, and acupuncture just made my eyes go crossed and start speaking in tongues. I figure Chantix is next.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

First of all, good for you Scooby. I quit smoking about five years ago with the help of Chantix. I've heard that some people have had bad side effects but the only things I experienced were the insanely vivid dreams and a sour stomach when I came off the drug. I have been smoke free since then. Oh I still want one occasionally (especially in November) but it's that I want one not need one. When you get to that point you have it beat. Feel free to PM me if you want more info or just a pep talk. Be strong brother.

scooby0048

When I quit over 25 years ago, I found that chewing sugarless gum or eating sunflower seeds helped.
Don't get me wrong, I've read all the crap about tips / tricks to help you quit and I think my problem is that I refuse to be a quitter at anything but I am going to give this Chantix a go and see what happens. Worst that can happen is I get caught trying to sling my blue pills on the street corner as "Special blue pills"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Don't get me wrong, I've read all the crap about tips / tricks to help you quit and I think my problem is that I refuse to be a quitter at anything but I am going to give this Chantix a go and see what happens. Worst that can happen is I get caught trying to sling my blue pills on the street corner as "Special blue pills"
I'm not a quitter either, but smoking is one thing I was grateful for quitting.

scooby0048

First of all, good for you Scooby. I quit smoking about five years ago with the help of Chantix. I've heard that some people have had bad side effects but the only things I experienced were the insanely vivid dreams and a sour stomach when I came off the drug. I have been smoke free since then. Oh I still want one occasionally (especially in November) but it's that I want one not need one. When you get to that point you have it beat. Feel free to PM me if you want more info or just a pep talk. Be strong brother.

You know, I heard that about the vivid dreams. What do you mean by that like more color in your dreams or that you remember them more. I seem to remember them more and they are more action-packed or adventurous for me but I kinda like them!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Kiss off.
Don't take this thread off topic

Or @soberups will get you.
tumblr_ntke8x7doa1tj9mh7o1_500.gif

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You know, I heard that about the vivid dreams. What do you mean by that like more color in your dreams or that you remember them more. I seem to remember them more and they are more action-packed or adventurous for me but I kinda like them!
The best way I can describe the dreams it's like dreaming in HD. I dreamt that I smoked the perfect rack of ribs. I could even smell and taste them. I also had a wild dream about a red head in sexy lingerie but I won't go into detail about that.