Chantix

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The hardest part for me is running errands on Saturday. Not smoking at work was surprisingly easy for me but driving around taking care of things is still tough at times.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
YOU STARTED SMOKING AT 14?!

Happy Birthday btw.
Wow, when you say it like that, it makes it sound so bad. I got my first job when I was 14 at an amusement park in Massachusetts, Riverside Park (6Flags now) and can remember smoking on the job while running the Matterhorn ride blasting Quiet Riot over the sound system!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes, I loved that job...made good money for a 14 year old, got crazy amounts of tail, and all the free passes to go to the park I could ever want or use as well as free concert admission working or not
My aunt lives down the street. She would "complain" about traffic and get us season passes every year. It rocked.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have a feeling it's a good part psychological as well. I've noticed certain things that I do habitually like smoking as soon as I get up or while driving or just after eating. I need to monitor those things and stop thinking about them as well.
That's where the gum or sunflower seeds come in handy. You're used to having something in your hand and in your mouth (don't say it pervs). One or the other will keep you occupied, so you don't automatically reach for a cigarette.

scooby0048

My aunt lives down the street. She would "complain" about traffic and get us season passes every year. It rocked.
Yeah it rocked when it was Riverside, I remember when the Cyclone was THE ride TO ride! I was too young to worry about traffic, I rode my bike or caught a bus but I remember how much dust and traffic the cars always made at closing time or on demolition derby nights.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
(don't say it pervs)
nQGmsIP.gif

scooby0048

That's where the gum or sunflower seeds come in handy. You're used to having something in your hand and in your mouth (don't say it pervs). One or the other will keep you occupied, so you don't automatically reach for a cigarette.
I hear that alot in the things I read about quitting but I don't think I will have that problem. I carry around poker chips and decks of cards and spend alot of my time doing chip tricks or practicing my magic tricks and sleight of hand stuff with the cards.