Chantix

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I too have one that gets stuff sometimes and I have to admit, I hate it. The place stinks worse than a smoking lounge and the clouds are thicker than what comes out of a Cheech and Chong van. I honestly don't know what is worse the actual smokers lounge smell or the vape shop with not just the smoke smell, but all the crappy flavors they use like coffee and watermelon or vanilla mocha kiwi.

I only go for the light menthol and occasionally spearmint. And, the lowest nicotine percentage.

Believe me, if it smelled bad, my wife would complain to no end. And, no film on the windows in my truck.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I experienced some pretty wild dreams while using it. I've heard other side effects can be depression and suicidal thoughts although I never had any of that.
Did you experience any drawbacks after stopping it? I'm on day 10, with today being the 3rd full strength day. Tomorrow is my quit date and I would think it should take me about 2-4 weeks before I would feel comfortable stopping Chantix. Did you go longer or less and is there anything I should prepare myself for?

scooby0048

I only go for the light menthol and occasionally spearmint. And, the lowest nicotine percentage.

Believe me, if it smelled bad, my wife would complain to no end. And, no film on the windows in my truck.
I tried E-cigs once but they just didn't do it for me. I have been told that vaping can help to quit smoking but my thought is you are just exchanging one habit for another and still inhaling something.

Ms.PacMan

For me it was more of an oral fixation so I have to substitute the cigarette for something else.
I cut straws in half. I could hold it like a cigarette and inhale.

I used Zyban but I only took one pill for two days then quit cold turkey. I took another pill after not smoking for two days and that was it. By day 4 I was out of nicotine withdrawal but still pretty miserable. At two weeks the psychological mind :censored2: took over and you wonder if you'll ever be happy again....It gets easier and easier after that.

I gained 20 lbs though :(

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I cut straws in half. I could hold it like a cigarette and inhale.

I used Zyban but I only took one pill for two days then quit cold turkey. I took another pill after not smoking for two days and that was it. By day 4 I was out of nicotine withdrawal but still pretty miserable. At two weeks the psychological mind :censored2: took over and you wonder if you'll ever be happy again....It gets easier and easier after that.

I gained 20 lbs though :(
Gonna need some before and after pics to verify

scooby0048

I say quit taking it now...

what are you going to take to get you off of the Chantix?

You mean if I get addicted to Chantix? I'd like to think it wouldn't come to that point. But honestly after reading some stuff about it and having @upschuck tell me it was not approved at UPS, I am having second thoughts about using it.

Ms.PacMan

Gonna need some before and after pics to verify
Well that's the sad part of the story....after not smoking for 7 mos I started again to take the weight off.

I have a new prescription for Zyban and I'm going to stop again and screw the weight. One of the other drivers told me to be careful when I wanted the 20 lbs off. He said plenty of guys like what I had going on so....

Ms.PacMan

You mean if I get addicted to Chantix? I'd like to think it wouldn't come to that point. But honestly after reading some stuff about it and having @upschuck tell me it was not approved at UPS, I am having second thoughts about using it.
Just quit smoking and quit the Chantix. Really, it will be over in a month.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well that's the sad part of the story....after not smoking for 7 mos I started again to take the weight off.

I have a new prescription for Zyban and I'm going to stop again and screw the weight. One of the other drivers told me to be careful when I wanted the 20 lbs off. He said plenty of guys like what I had going on so....
Rock on with your bad self!!!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I tried E-cigs once but they just didn't do it for me. I have been told that vaping can help to quit smoking but my thought is you are just exchanging one habit for another and still inhaling something.

Same thing, but cheaper in the long run than the e-cigs.

I look at it as an alternative nicotine delivery system. And, I only use the lowest nicotine percentage I can find.

Is it less dangerous? I don't know.

I don't hit on it that much, and I'm not getting all the rest of the tobacco byproducts.

I got that going for me.

upschuck

Since it is a temp medicine, the driver just made it sound like they just don't want to know, but if they do, they'd have to take action. Several drivers here have used it, all continued to drive, when they were on it.

Good Luck, buddy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Went to the doctor and he of course told me I should quit smoking so he prescribed Chantix. I knew that crap was pretty expensive ($400) so I really wasn't planning on getting scrip filled but Teamcare covered it 100%.

Anyways, long story short, I started taking it and I am on day 8 of the plan. It says to set a quit date somewhere from day 1 to 30 and mine is April 8th. I still smoke and am not sure if this stuff just eliminates the cravings or does something else to the receptors in the brain that gets pleasure from smoking.

My plan is to just stop when I run out on the 8th. Anyone try this stuff and do something different or something similar. I have enough of the Chantix for four months so I'm willing to give it a try. Any experience or comments appreciated.
Team care covered that? So they'll cover Chantix and not a flu shot? MFer. Anyway....I tried Chantix a few years ago....I paid cash (back when we had Aetna) and it gave me crazy vivid nightmares and dreams. But it did help with the cravings. I ended up quitting by vaping....yea I'm still hooked on nicotine but it's healthier than cigarettes. Good luck Scooby!