Charged for doctor's visit

Xexys

Retired and Happy
So yeah, I'm at the doctor's office getting things tidied up before June 1st and the lady tells me "that'll be $77.28 for todays visit". I looked at the wife and she looked at me and we immediately knew what had happened. They charged me for a deductible on the new healthcare plan that will be implemented come June 1st.

We have no deductible on our current plan at all. I've never paid a red cent for any doctor's visit on the old plan, ever. I'm not going to like this at all. Hey, the company is actually saving some money though, I gave the receptionist my old card and they used that to tell me I owed the deductible. So it looks as though they will be using the same cards in the new insurance plan, at least in my case.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
It's not June 1st. I think you jumped the gun before investigating what happened.

No investigating needed. Do you even read before replying? The lady told me that after my "deductible" it'll be $77.28. I don't have any deductible and never did. Go play in the street.

oldngray

nowhere special
I got my paperwork for the new UPS/IBT Retiree insurance today. It had no mention of being called Teamcare and was administered through Aetna the same as my old UPS insurance instead of Blue Cross/Blue Shield as some have said here on BC. It is pretty close to my old UPS insurance but a little higher cost. Deductible of $50 single/$100 family for 2014, $100/$200 in 2015, and $150/$300 in 2016,2017, and 2018. In network is 80% coverage for everything with $200 individual and $400 family deductible and $1000 annual out of pocket limit. Prescriptions are paid 80% for everything in network whether generic or name brand and same for retail pharmacy and mail order. And a $500,000 lifetime limit.

Big Bad Wolf

No investigating needed. Do you even read before replying? The lady told me that after my "deductible" it'll be $77.28. I don't have any deductible and never did. Go play in the street.
So your using your healthcare earlier than everyone else? So if we were to entertain this, let's say you were told this, what is your deductible? And you owe $77.28 beyond that? Something doesn't add up.

Where are you pigs now?

Stonefish

So your using your healthcare earlier than everyone else? So if we were to entertain this, let's say you were told this, what is your deductible? And you owe $77.28 beyond that? Something doesn't add up.

Where are you pigs now?
It's because.......................................It's not true

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So yeah, I'm at the doctor's office getting things tidied up before June 1st and the lady tells me "that'll be $77.28 for todays visit". I looked at the wife and she looked at me and we immediately knew what had happened. They charged me for a deductible on the new healthcare plan that will be implemented come June 1st.

We have no deductible on our current plan at all. I've never paid a red cent for any doctor's visit on the old plan, ever. I'm not going to like this at all. Hey, the company is actually saving some money though, I gave the receptionist my old card and they used that to tell me I owed the deductible. So it looks as though they will be using the same cards in the new insurance plan, at least in my case.
that's strange. I went to the eye doctor last week for a second pair of glasses...and thanks to VSP (old contract)...I owed nothing out of pocket. Under the new Teamcare plan...I believe there's a co-pay.

Big Bad Wolf

When they are that big, you call them hogs.
Thats not nice!! He can't help himself.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1400203161.899431.jpg

Where are you pigs now?

Oak

that's strange. I went to the eye doctor last week for a second pair of glasses...and thanks to VSP (old contract)...I owed nothing out of pocket. Under the new Teamcare plan...I believe there's a co-pay.
I too, went to the eye doc last week. VSP paid for the entire exam and $100 towards my year supply of contacts.

The doc was looking at a picture taken of my optic nerve, which I'm guessing is a routine part of the exam. He asked me a bunch of questions, then told me I should consider an additional test for glaucoma. He said VSP would not pay for that test, but I should really consider it. The test would cost $35.

We were seemingly winding things up and I asked why VSP wouldn't pay for that test. He said they just pay for the exam and $100 towards the glasses or contacts, but nothing medical. At that point I said, "Medical? What about my BCBS?"

He then told me oh, ok, that will work. No copay, as the visit was already taken care of. No deductible.

The bad part, after the test results, I have an appointment in six months for another test.

Xexys

Retired and Happy

Where are you pigs now?

You guys need to be spoon fed? It's wrong, that's my point. I'm on the UPS plan, Aetna, I'm retired and won't go on Teamcare. I went to the doc and they put my healthcare card number in and it popped up that I owed the number I stated and that I hadn't met my deductible yet. I don't have any deductible, never did. The reason it doesn't add up is because it is wrong!