Charged for doctor's visit

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I too, went to the eye doc last week. VSP paid for the entire exam and $100 towards my year supply of contacts.

The doc was looking at a picture taken of my optic nerve, which I'm guessing is a routine part of the exam. He asked me a bunch of questions, then told me I should consider an additional test for glaucoma. He said VSP would not pay for that test, but I should really consider it. The test would cost $35.

We were seemingly winding things up and I asked why VSP wouldn't pay for that test. He said they just pay for the exam and $100 towards the glasses or contacts, but nothing medical. At that point I said, "Medical? What about my BCBS?"

He then told me oh, ok, that will work. No copay, as the visit was already taken care of. No deductible.

The bad part, after the test results, I have an appointment in six months for another test.

The optometrist that I go to is part of a very large practice and the basic glaucoma test is part of the exam. It sounds like the follow-up test that you had was much more comprehensive and, whether or not it was covered, I would have gladly paid the $35 just for the piece of mind.

tacken

You guys need to be spoon fed? It's wrong, that's my point. I'm on the UPS plan, Aetna, I'm retired and won't go on Teamcare. I went to the doc and they put my healthcare card number in and it popped up that I owed the number I stated and that I hadn't met my deductible yet. I don't have any deductible, never did. The reason it doesn't add up is because it is wrong!
WHAAAAAAA. so you have to pay a deductible most everyone who has health insurance has to pay. Welcome to the real world.

Big Bad Wolf

You guys need to be spoon fed? It's wrong, that's my point. I'm on the UPS plan, Aetna, I'm retired and won't go on Teamcare. I went to the doc and they put my healthcare card number in and it popped up that I owed the number I stated and that I hadn't met my deductible yet. I don't have any deductible, never did. The reason it doesn't add up is because it is wrong!
So who is screwing you?

Where are you pigs now?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

That is some very relevant and important information you left out.
Remember, you are posting on a site where 90% plus are still working and just went through the new contract.

The Milkman

WHAAAAAAA. so you have to pay a deductible most everyone who has health insurance has to pay. Welcome to the real world.

The real world today is because the Union brotherhood gave into this weak contract. If anything the benefits could of stayed the same for everyone. Instead ,UPS continues to make Billions yr after yr. There was no reason to giveback hard earned benefits, fought by many of us well before most of you put on your browns.
X is right..I had a small deductible many yrs ago with the UPS traditional plan. After Ups came around touting the new plan about 2000 telling us about mail order, and future retiree benefits (If you were on that plan 4 yrs prior to retirement) I thought about it and switched. Was told $50.00 monthly when I retired (Great) No deductible ( Great) Network doctors I paid 10% of the approved rate (Great) Free mail order Name brand or generic (Great) Wallgreens Name brand $5.00 or Free generic (Great). Now a deductible ( Not so Great) 20% copay on mail order or Wallgreens (Not so Great) $100 monthly in 2015 (Not so Great) Yes the real world that I can now thank all of my former Brothers and Sisters for. The real world, that someday all of you will come to find by the time you retire, after all the givebacks contract after contract, And because of YOUR ACTIONS, many of us who tried paving a Great Future for all, just went down the tubes a little further. Some of you may Jokingly say "Welcome to The Real World" When you enter the REAL WORLD, The Joke will be on you"Tacken" As you dish out more and more of by that time your watered down pension benefit, to pay for YOUR former GREAT Medical benefits you once had.

The Milkman

Or that the majority of voters liked it.

Where are you pigs now?

Those DUMB enough to like it, deserve to pay for their mistake down the road, by voting for concessions YOU are all agreeing to less benefits while UPS is still making Billions. Profits that will no doubt include higher salaries and performance bonuses for the board in Atlanta. While you give back......they laugh all the way to the bank thanking H&H for giving them what they wanted while the ones who earn them Billions just plod along like a heard of Mindless Sheep ready for slaughter

Big Bad Wolf

Those DUMB enough to like it, deserve to pay for their mistake down the road, by voting for concessions YOU are all agreeing to less benefits while UPS is still making Billions. Profits that will no doubt include higher salaries and performance bonuses for the board in Atlanta. While you give back......they laugh all the way to the bank thanking H&H for giving them what they wanted while the ones who earn them Billions just plod along like a heard of Mindless Sheep ready for slaughter
So the majority of voters are DUMB? Maybe it's the people (such as yourself) with a clouded sense of intellect that regress our union.

Where are you pigs now?

The Milkman

So the majority of voters are DUMB? Maybe it's the people (such as yourself) with a clouded sense of intellect that regress our union.

Where are you pigs now?

If you had half a brain you would understand..............maybe your clouded thinking along with all the other YES men need to look at where you are headed. The way things are going, there will be more concessions (Givebacks) untill there will be nothing left to bargain with. By that time all of you will be left with the hand UPS dealt you...FOLD

Big Bad Wolf

If you had half a brain you would understand..............maybe your clouded thinking along with all the other YES men need to look at where you are headed. The way things are going, there will be more concessions (Givebacks) untill there will be nothing left to bargain with. By that time all of you will be left with the hand UPS dealt you...FOLD
Or $50 an hour?

Where are you pigs now?

Xexys

Retired and Happy
that's strange. I went to the eye doctor last week for a second pair of glasses...and thanks to VSP (old contract)...I owed nothing out of pocket. Under the new Teamcare plan...I believe there's a co-pay.

I too, noticed that my eye care went back to VSP which is much better than the vision plan I was on before. So I guess that you were also billed incorrectly on the new plan which is not suppose to go in to effect until June 1st.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I too, noticed that my eye care went back to VSP which is much better than the vision plan I was on before. So I guess that you were also billed incorrectly on the new plan which is not suppose to go in to effect until June 1st.
No, I was billed correctly. I made a point to get a new free pair of glasses under VSP before June 1st....when we switch to EyeMed...which has a $10 co-pay.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
So why aren't you standing behind them?

Where are you pigs now?

I really don't think I should answer this question as I would just end up in a word contest with you. Suffice it to say that my old plan was the best plan that UPS or the Teamsters had to offer. I'm sorry you had to suffer through a crap plan for so many years and that your new plan is better than your old plan. Milkman explained it best, his and my plan (read old) was identical. Nothing could touch it as far as anything any doctor I've been to has seen. I always got the same looks when visiting the doc. They would say I've never seen a benefit plan as good as this one.

But alas, you guys voted me out of it. Hopefully, as I stated earlier in other threads, you wont be voted out of something you held dearly once you retire. Keep voting for the concessions...

Xexys

Retired and Happy
No, I was billed correctly. I made a point to get a new free pair of glasses under VSP before June 1st....when we switch to EyeMed...which has a $10 co-pay.

Weird, I'm switched back to VSP under the retirement plan for retirees leaving before Jan. 1st, 2014. Too bad I have almost perfect vision still and don't need any glasses but cheap readers.

Good for you to go to the doctor before June 1st; exactly what I was doing when I got billed incorrectly trying to get everything done before the new plan is instituted.

Stonefish

So why aren't you standing behind them?

Where are you pigs now?
Hey, it's really strange I went to get glasses today and the doctor charged me 10 grand because TeamCare could charge more. Man I wish I stayed in that company plan. Last time I went to get glasses the doctor paid me to get them

On topic I got billed as well for my last visit for over my 10$ Co pay. It was 1,935.00 and in network with a 135$ bill. Never had more than a 10 $ until 2 days ago. I am calling Monday to see what happend. Did we get switched before 6/1?