Charity Solicitation

G

gimmeabreak

we should form a crack team of bowling experts to challenge the following teams:

- IBM
- Accenture
- Portfolio Managers

the winning team gets to keep their jobs, and all losers go home...!

Copious

I have to say that 96.00 an hour is the most ridiculous statement, not because of the amount. Because IS is primarily salary hence you average my 55 hours a week with support etc and I'm down to 69.00 not including benefits. Plus 96.00 a hour would mean each employee's total compensation package is 200K a year. I don't think that averages out.

More disturbing is how the UPSERS.COM says your compensation is a "REWARD"?

AvgJoe

Copius - Not sure if you work in IS or not. If not, $96 is the fully loaded rate (salary, benefits and overhead) and is assigned to all WAR billable hours whether someone works 6 hrs or 12 hrs per day. That rate does not matter what level you are or how much you truly make in salary. It is a std rate to to cost out projects and charge groups for the cost of IT labor. We will need the IS Accounting guys to weigh in if you want more details but I don't want to put everyone to sleep....:sleeping2:

G

gimmeabreak

wow- do u believe it? there was a UWAY bowling tournament in Mahwah last week and the Ramsey folks entered a team that won. On their way back to Ramsey they were met at the door by a large group of folks that proceeded to greet them and parade them around the building like some sort of Super Bowl winners. When does someone sit up and take notice of this crap?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
wow- do u believe it? there was a UWAY bowling tournament in Mahwah last week and the Ramsey folks entered a team that won. On their way back to Ramsey they were met at the door by a large group of folks that proceeded to greet them and parade them around the building like some sort of Super Bowl winners. When does someone sit up and take notice of this crap?

What exactly was the "crap"?

G

gimmeabreak

HERE'S THE CRAP: after layoffs, terminations, etc., some folks still find the time to be socializing when they should be working and growing the business...

A

an anonymous guest

Spare me, at least someone won by striking out. I have to watch A-rod.

Go Yanks
Go UPS
P71

A

an anonymous guest

Yes, he got a hit...but....even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes.

Look at his home run when it was 9-0 the other day, and his 2 Ks last Thursday with 2 on each time....at least he avoided double plays.

Go UPS!
Go Yanks!
P71

G

gimmeabreak

I hate A-slob as much if not more than most, BUT his hit yesterday tied the game at 6...were u guys watching the same game!!! Give him credit when it's deserved.

A

an anonymous guest

He had a good night last night, so I will diminish my critique for the moment. Maybe he's breaking out, finally.

Go UPS!
P71

Motownpride

HERE'S THE CRAP: after layoffs, terminations, etc., some folks still find the time to be socializing when they should be working and growing the business...

Are they not getting their work done ? can't you have fun and get the work done ??

i guess you weren't invited to the picnic ?

Did you used to be a PATS fan ?

G

gimmeabreak

sure didn't take long for the G&A kool-aid kid to appear...Pats?? Was that the team the NY GIANTS kicked out of the Super Bowl couple years ago?? sorry but I'm a New Yorker---GO YANKS !!!! GO GIANTS !!!!

The point is, let's have fun when its time to have fun. Let's work when it's work time. And no, I chose not to go to the picnic. Maybe that's why I am not a favored son.

Socialize, kiss butt, stay in good graces, and you will go far in G&A.

And I find it odd that you always seem to have something to say about RAMSEY goings on, yet your handle appears to suggest you are in Motown.

Troll?

AvgJoe

Gimmeabreak is right. How much time is spent on the company dime raising money for the United Way? How many hours are spent sitting at a table collecting $5 for Jeans day? The solicitation is non stop and year round. Is anyone else done with this?