Charles Manson attacks Package car. What do you do?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You will get a warning letter for backing unnessesarily twice and accelerating and braking hard. Then swerving in traffic. Into the left lane. I would have used my phone and recorded as long as possible. But truely a funny story. I am kidding about the warning letter. I HOPE --'-)

Wilson

tumblr_mca345qNUO1qfr6udo1_400.gif

The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us. Find a cave to hide in. Just not with this guy.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
If this happened to upstate he would have got the man cleaned up, detoxed, bought him new clothes, found him a job and brought him to church.. And still be 1hr under..

trickpony1

If this happened to upstate he would have got the man cleaned up, detoxed, bought him new clothes, found him a job and brought him to church.. And still be 1hr under..

.....or he would have bowed out his chest, ripped off his brown shirt exposing his leotard with the bright red "U" on it and battled the crazy guy with all the forces of goodness.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was driving down the road near the end of my day when a wild eyed, drug influenced, crazy looking man runs into the middle of the road waving his arms for me to stop. To avoid hitting him I stop the vehicle. He then charged the package car and jumped on my front bumper and began beating the vehicle hard while screaming at the top of his lungs unintelligible words. I'm thinking to myself "What the hell did I do to deserve this?" After a few seconds,I yelled "I'm calling the police" while showing him my cell phone as he continued to beat the vehicle. This did not stop him and I knew it would take over a half hour for the police to get to this rural area. At this point I was really worried and wished my doors were both closed in the summer heat. My fear was that he could have a knife or other weapon and would not have a problem using it. I decided that I'm not going out of the truck no matter what and if he tried to get into the vehicle I was going to use it to take him down. I then put the truck in reverse with the clutch engaged, I pressed the throttle hoping to scare him off the bumper. This did not work. At this point I decided to back the truck up with him on my bumper and maybe he would jump off. I released the clutch and began backing up. He just grabbed on and continued to stayed on my front bumper. I then decided I'm getting this idiot off. I threw the truck into first gear and accelerated rapidly and then slammed on the brakes. He went tumbling down in the middle of the road. I could tell he was alright but he tore up his knee with road rash. I swerved around him and took off. I went down the road and stopped the truck to call the Center to notify them of this incident. They told me to just come on back. Later, I found out the the crazy guy was arrested. However, the Police never contacted me. What a day.
Hopefully I'm wrong but don't be surprised if the guy hasn't already snapped out of his funk and contacted an attorney. It could get ugly for you as far as UPS is concerned. An attorney would likely take his case with drool dripping down his $1000 dollar suit and tell the guy to contact the center and demand "to be made whole" for his injuries.

onestoptogo

That is crazy, you did the right thing but consider this: You can now be indentified by anyone from your center that knows the story.
I thought about this before I posted. I'm not worried as I really try to do the best job I can for the company. As long as I continue to follow the rules and not do anything stupid, I should be fine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hopefully I'm wrong but don't be surprised if the guy hasn't already snapped out of his funk and contacted an attorney. It could get ugly for you as far as UPS is concerned. An attorney would likely take his case with drool dripping down his $1000 dollar suit and tell the guy to contact the center and demand "to be made whole" for his injuries.

You do not have to add the word "dollar" when you the "$", which is called a dollar sign.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe no one actually believes this story but you're right. The op didn't make the right call at all in this situation.

Calling the cops and letting them deal with it is the right thing to do.