Charles Manson attacks Package car. What do you do?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I was driving down the road near the end of my day when a wild eyed, drug influenced, crazy looking man runs into the middle of the road waving his arms for me to stop. To avoid hitting him I stop the vehicle. He then charged the package car and jumped on my front bumper and began beating the vehicle hard while screaming at the top of his lungs unintelligible words. I'm thinking to myself "What the hell did I do to deserve this?" After a few seconds,I yelled "I'm calling the police" while showing him my cell phone as he continued to beat the vehicle. This did not stop him and I knew it would take over a half hour for the police to get to this rural area. At this point I was really worried and wished my doors were both closed in the summer heat. My fear was that he could have a knife or other weapon and would not have a problem using it. I decided that I'm not going out of the truck no matter what and if he tried to get into the vehicle I was going to use it to take him down. I then put the truck in reverse with the clutch engaged, I pressed the throttle hoping to scare him off the bumper. This did not work. At this point I decided to back the truck up with him on my bumper and maybe he would jump off. I released the clutch and began backing up. He just grabbed on and continued to stayed on my front bumper. I then decided I'm getting this idiot off. I threw the truck into first gear and accelerated rapidly and then slammed on the brakes. He went tumbling down in the middle of the road. I could tell he was alright but he tore up his knee with road rash. I swerved around him and took off. I went down the road and stopped the truck to call the Center to notify them of this incident. They told me to just come on back. Later, I found out the the crazy guy was arrested. However, the Police never contacted me. What a day.
And so the apocalypse begins.

trickpony1

The company is self insured which means it has so much money it doesn't pay some insurance company enormous premiums.

Liberty Mutual administers the plan.

Cameras in the cab? I don't think so because the opposing attorneys will use video against us.

Just my guess.......

Anthonysg0113

That would be the only reason the company would have a camera in the cab to use it against the driver. There is a camera in the diad, they just haven't turned it on yet.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The company is self insured which means it has so much money it doesn't pay some insurance company enormous premiums.

Liberty Mutual administers the plan.

Cameras in the cab? I don't think so because the opposing attorneys will use video against us.

Just my guess.......
maybe a good guess but if a dash cam can save the co. millions in potential litigation then it may be another necessary evil.

it will always be possible that a video can destroy your career. it can also save it. " 6 of one, half dozen of another."

BrownRoosterBrownBull

I bleed brown
I would have locked myself in the back of the package car and called 911. If it got too hot, I would have escaped through the back door.

dash cams a cummin.

Sounds like a reasonable use of technology, doesn't Russia require all drivers to have a dash cam?

I think the union will have a say. There still is no reason for a camera in the cab. Yet to be seen so far.

Why do some drivers stick a piece of info notice on the remote control sensor of the back up monitor. Ha! They think it's a camera watching them.

I wonder if Tracey Morgan would agree with you.

Ummm.... probably not.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think I would have called 911 first, and Ups second. To try to get the guy some help before he got hurt. But thats just me. Safety first calls for calling for help for yourself and the kook.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
200.gif

BrownArmy

Dash cam doesn't mean camera in the cab...it could be mounted so as to capture the view as seen from the driver.

I'm personally agnostic about the concept, but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me.

Like telly-matics, it could even work in a drivers favor.

wayfair

swollen member
Dash cam doesn't mean camera in the cab...it could be mounted so as to capture the view as seen from the driver.

I'm personally agnostic about the concept, but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me.

Like telly-matics, it could even work in a drivers favor.

h* yea... " you wanna know why I had 5 back first occurrences, look at the video"