Charlie Rangel

moreluck

golden ticket member
HelleJ20101117_low.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was watching the live feed of the Rangel hearing and I finally know exactly what bloviating means now. I had an idea before, but the gov't does it so well. Too much legal-ese.

I did like the comment of one committee member who said Trafficante was dismissed because of 2 years of not paying taxes. Rangel has 17 years of not paying taxes.

You know he'll probably just get a slap on his wrist. He keeps bringing up his 50 years of service......like that gives him the right to break the law??? What a joke!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Charlie Rangel wondering what Jesus would do about this deficit thing??? Listen here, Uncle Charlie, He would've paid His taxes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ask Rangel WWJD if government grant $$$$ for a community project was used to send people on a Carribbean vacation and other goodies that the $$$$ wasn't for???

Heard the story, can't find the written story yet.
I guess if you've been censured you feel you can do whatever you want now. The sense of entitlement by these politicians is incredible!

Charlie Rangel wondering what Jesus would do about this deficit thing??? Listen here, Uncle Charlie, He would've paid His taxes.
Jesus reportedly said “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

moreluck

golden ticket member
I had to laugh at Rangel's interview with Laura Ingram on O'Reilly last night.
He was asked about West's "plantation" references and he said that West
was young, a freshman and totally not familiar with 'plantation anything'.

I wonder what plantation Charlie Rangel worked on??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Crooked Dem Rep. Charlie Rangel To Be Honored With $64K Portrait On Capitol Hill…

Hey, it’s not like Rangel was censured by Congress less than 12 months ago . . . no, wait?
(The Hill) — It may be one of the more awkward honorary ceremonies in recent memory.
On Thursday, House leaders will pay tribute to Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), less than a year after the House formally censured the former chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will speak at a ceremony to unveil Rangel’s official portrait as chairman of the storied committee, which the longtime New York Democrat led from 2007 until March 2010, when party leaders pressured him to give up the post amid a growing ethics scandal.

In December, the House voted overwhelmingly, 333-79, to censure Rangel over rules violations that stemmed from unpaid taxes on a villa he owned in the Dominican Republic, undisclosed financial assets and the improper use of his office for fundraising.

The portrait itself was the subject of controversy. Just nine months into his term as chairman, Rangel asked the Federal Election Commission for permission to use campaign funds to pay for the portrait, which his lawyer said would cost more than $64,000.

When pressed about the pricey picture, Rangel joked to reporters at the time that he would have preferred a mural.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi On Charlie Rangel’s Ethics Violations: He Likes To Say “The Gospel Of Matthew Made Me Do It”…

The Dems in a nutshell.
(CNS) — House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said last week that Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) — who was censured by Congress in December for multiple ethics violations — has often told his congressional colleagues: “The Gospel of Matthew made me do it.”

Pelosi made the remarks at a Capitol Hill reception for the unveiling of an oil painting of Rangel that will hang in the hearing room of the House Ways and Means Committee, where Rangel formerly served as chairman.

Rangel was forced to step down from that chairmanship last year while he was being investigated by the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct.

“What I think what brings a passion to his work is the fact that Charlie Rangel is a deeply religious man,” Pelosi said. “How many times has he said to us: ‘The Gospel of Matthew made me do it.’ When the Gospel talked about the least of our brethren, when they were hungry, when they needed shelter, when they needed clothing. Even Christ said: ‘When I was in prison, you visited me.’ Very, very important.

“So, in Charlie’s list of accomplishments, which are very too many to mention in this big crowd, standing this long — but they were about the Gospel of Matthew,” said Pelosi.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama flip-flops ......

Friday, January 20, 2012 @ 1:30 pm | Old And Busted: Obama Says Crooked Dem Charlie Rangel Should Step Down – New And Hot: Obama Praises “Outstanding” Charlie Rangel During Fundraiser…

What a difference 13 months makes.
Via Beltway Confidential:
President Obama singled out Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., for praise during a campaign fundraiser last night, seeming to complete the political rehabilitation of the lawmaker whose colleagues censured him in 2010 for 11 ethics violations.

“I also want to acknowledge a couple of outstanding members of Congress with us here today — Congressman Charlie Rangel and Congressman Jerry Nadler are in the house,” Obama said as a prefatory comment to his speech at the Apollo Theater. Rangel represents the House district in which the fundraiser took

texan

Bill Clinton Not Endorsing Charlie Rangel In Bid For 22nd Term

Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) is seeking a 22nd term in the House of Representatives, but he will not
be receiving any support from former President Bill Clinton this year.
A report in the New York Post on Friday reveals that Clinton will be sitting this cycle out and will not
be making an endorsement in New York’s 15th congressional district’s Democratic primary.

Bill Clinton Not Endorsing Charlie Rangel In Bid For 22nd Term | Mediaite