Chattanooga, TN Marine Shooter

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I was active duty this "training" consisted of an annual qualification. Hardly the type of training which would give me the ability and experience to defend myself if needed. Our reservists are even less prepared than that.

I strongly disagree that any of our military personnel should be armed while not performing the duties in those specific jobs in which a firearm is required.
"one time at band camp....."

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
When I was active duty this "training" consisted of an annual qualification. Hardly the type of training which would give me the ability and experience to defend myself if needed. Our reservists are even less prepared than that.

I strongly disagree that any of our military personnel should be armed while not performing the duties in those specific jobs in which a firearm is required.

Then, if this is the case in most stations, I encourage candidates carrying to qualify bi-annually.
My perspective comes from a recently retired National Guard Recruiter, my sister, after her distinguished service to our country and state.

As a NG recruiter and soldier, she lost brothers and sisters and painfully, recruits. I respect your point and she found it valid. However, her argument as a recruiter reflects on increasing hostility recruiters experienced on site and in high schools. And now, they are under attack. She endured yearly training and quota fulfillment, fitness and psychological evaluations. She says they are American Soldiers first and never question the preparedness of an American Soldier.

She can't stop serving and now works for the VA. She staffs / human resources specializing in nursing staff. Her offices are off site yet clearly marked as military. She is employed in a "soft target" and on Friday, everyone was told to work from home as they re-evaluated security in her building. She would carry if asked because she will always be a Soldier.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

There are thousands of veterans who served this country, received an honorable discharge, and then never mentioned it again in their life.

You are not one of them.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
There are thousands of veterans who served this country, received an honorable discharge, and then never mentioned it again in their life.

You are not one of them.

seven, thank you for your service.

Please rethink your words. Like you, this man, also an American Soldier, pledged to defend and die for us.
Whatever type of discharge a soldier received should not matter, honorable / dishonorable, unless service ends in a Court Martial.
The same promise was made without pretense.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
One of the wounded had just passed away. Now the total is five.
Prayers.
A never-ending conversation with God.
The endless stream of tears as the soldier brings the horn to lips for the final farewell.

I stopped apologizing when among others for the tears I shed when our national anthem is sung / played.
My ears will always pull me in the direction of Amazing Grace because I finally understand it is a prayer not a song.

And TAPS...I will wear my mascara streaked pain with pride. I wipe only the amount of water required for me to see the flag and appreciate the sacrifice and loss.

When asked why I don't rush to fix the face; I explain the streaks give you permission to ask what is wrong. It allows me to share the deep patriotic moment with you.

My daddy, from the halls of heaven, is proud of his girl and the patriot he raised.

God Bless the USA.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
skip1.jpg

One minute Caroline Dove’s boyfriend, Marine Lance Cpl. Skip Wells, was texting her about how excited he was to see her – then came two disturbing words: “ACTIVE SHOOTER.”

Sickening silence followed.

When Wells hadn’t responded hours later, Dove grew desperate, writing, “Hon, I need you to answer please.”

She said she spent Thursday night checking news updates on her phone to see whether any of the victims’ names had been listed.

“There was nothing I could do at that moment,” she said.

It wasn’t until the next morning that Dove learned he was among those slain at the Navy Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
skip1.jpg

One minute Caroline Dove’s boyfriend, Marine Lance Cpl. Skip Wells, was texting her about how excited he was to see her – then came two disturbing words: “ACTIVE SHOOTER.”

Sickening silence followed.

When Wells hadn’t responded hours later, Dove grew desperate, writing, “Hon, I need you to answer please.”

She said she spent Thursday night checking news updates on her phone to see whether any of the victims’ names had been listed.

“There was nothing I could do at that moment,” she said.

It wasn’t until the next morning that Dove learned he was among those slain at the Navy Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center.
And there will be more of these shootings/bombings.

Usually done by "peaceful" muslim converts.

But have you noticed that no one is crying about the need for gun control on this shooting.

Bullet holes right next to a "GUN FREE ZONE" sign might have shut them up.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

You are not one of them.
Ummm, I have never met such a person.

Now I know a few on here that don't like to mention their service to our nation.

It has something to do with a dishonorable or general discharge.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Veteran stands on bridge with American flag for 4 hours to honor Chattanooga victims

Every year, Ben Kinsey waves an American flag on a South Carolina bridge for 11 hours to honor victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

On Thursday, the veteran was seen standing alone on the bridge once again, but he was two months early.

This time he was honoring the four U.S. Marines killed by a gunman who attacked two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's certainly one option. I was thinking some African desert since 1/4 of American Muslims are African American.
Maybe he just wants to send them back to Africa.
Or perhaps there's some Asian desert, since 35% of them are South Asian.

Or maybe he didn't think it through at all and is just spewing rhetoric.
Or maybe he doesn't care about where their desert is located, or even if they actually come from a desert, and just wants them away from our country.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
MYA was following the mooslim playbook to the letter .
Be normal , blend in , gather your supplies in secret and then attack without warning .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A man is standing guard at military recruitment centers in Virginia armed with a rifle.

It is a symbolic protest against the ban on weapons in such buildings after the Chattanooga shooting on Thursday, when a gunman killed four Marines and a sailor, and wounded another Marine.

'We need to know what our rights are and not let anyone take them away. There are too many people who died for these freedoms.'

He claims his stance has been met with gratitude and tears.

'I was received with handshakes and thank yous,' he told WTTG. 'They came by. And not only did they come by, their wives came by, in tears, thanking me for just being out here.