Cheating the system

As a part timer the only "oath" we need to take is the oath to let the Teamsters pull money out of our paycheck every month in exchange for throwing us under the bus.
Can't tell if you are kidding or not. What you describe is an agreement, not an oath.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As a part timer the only "oath" we need to take is the oath to let the Teamsters pull money out of our paycheck every month ...

Which is all they want.

Like Bob said,

You must pick up one or the other
Though neither of them are to be what they claim
If you're lookin' to get silly
You better go back to from where you came
Because the **** don't need you
And man they expect the same.

Now that's some serious cynicism there Upstate!

helenofcalifornia

How does the OP know this guy smokes weed all the time and is stoned at work? The posting did come off a little envious. I still say "forget about it;" do your own job.

CRASH501

There is a guy in our center. This guy was just promoted to driver. He drove for about 6 months and now he is "injured". So now he is living it up. Getting paid 8 hours a day to sit in the office and act like a manager. When he's not sitting in the office and ratting drivers out, he might do meet points in his personal vehicle or in a UPS car. I see him passing me in brown truck, hat on backwards, five ears rings in each ear, a scruffy goatee, sleeves rolled up showing his ridiculous homemade tattoos. The worst part is that most days he is obviously high on pot. I have witnessed him smoking pot outside of work, which he does on a weekly, if not daily basis. This guy is working the system and has the mamagment eating out of his hand. Anyone care to give me a little advice on how to end his little scam? How does the drug testing work in this company? This guy couldn't pass a piss test to save his life. How can I arrange one for him?:devil3:
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT .
your calling him a rat .
buddy go look yourself in the mirror

JULAKA

The guy has been on light duty for almost a year. He lifts boxes that are over his restricted limit all the time. I walked in the other day to punch out and he was asleep in the office with the lights off! This guy uses all the information that he gained as my "friend" to feed the managers and now they are on my ass and many of my fellow drivers. If I have 30 residential stops left and it is going to take me an hour and a half he will tell the boss "oh, that area should only take him an hour, he is milking it" or "he is raking up miles" or some such disparaging remarks. He does it to me and we used to hang out. I helped this guy when he started driving and confided in him on how to survive and gave him some of my tips and tricks, that he has now given to the bosses, so of course my life is a lot harder now. I know for a fact that he is a drug user. I know for a fact that he comes to work high. I know for a fact that he is faking his injury and that he violates the UPS dress code with impunity. I want the guy fired. I have never ratted out anyone in my life, but this guy has it coming.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
teamsters are not supposed to rat other teamsters out it was part of the oath we all took to join the teamsters.

We promised not to "bring reproach" upon a fellow Teamster, which should be interpreted to mean that we will not take sides with management against a member in a production or labor dispute. We stand united when a fellow member is beng harassed.

I do not interpret it to mean that we must remain silent when we witness criminal activity. Being a Teamster doesnt mean you get a free pass to break the law.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...... I walked in the other day to punch out and he was asleep in the office with the lights off! This guy uses all the information that he gained as my "friend" to feed the managers and now they are on my ass and many of my fellow drivers. If I have 30 residential stops left and it is going to take me an hour and a half he will tell the boss "oh, that area should only take him an hour, he is milking it" or "he is raking up miles" or some such disparaging remarks......

It sounds to me like this guy is real management material. He has probably already put his letter in. One of these days you will come to work and he will be standing there wearing a suit, a United Way pin and some fresh lobotomy scars.

ups767mech

Would you change your remark if he was working on an aircraft?

I see aircraft mechanics taking advantage of the system every night I am at work. These people will eventuially be caught. It isnt my job to watch what others are doing. My job is to repair aircraft to the best of my ability. Thats what I do. I dont care what the other guys are doing.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The guy has been on light duty for almost a year. He lifts boxes that are over his restricted limit all the time. I walked in the other day to punch out and he was asleep in the office with the lights off! This guy uses all the information that he gained as my "friend" to feed the managers and now they are on my ass and many of my fellow drivers. If I have 30 residential stops left and it is going to take me an hour and a half he will tell the boss "oh, that area should only take him an hour, he is milking it" or "he is raking up miles" or some such disparaging remarks. He does it to me and we used to hang out. I helped this guy when he started driving and confided in him on how to survive and gave him some of my tips and tricks, that he has now given to the bosses, so of course my life is a lot harder now. I know for a fact that he is a drug user. I know for a fact that he comes to work high. I know for a fact that he is faking his injury and that he violates the UPS dress code with impunity. I want the guy fired. I have never ratted out anyone in my life, but this guy has it coming.
Sounds like he is committing insurance fraud as well as generally just being a unethical untitled sup.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
most BA's work a hell of a lot harder than you suits,you want to talk about paid over take a good long hard look in the mirror.

I was always envious of the nice houses, nice cars and vacations the BAs had. I guess they do work harder or at least make more money and perks. :wink2:

Of course, that is your money and none of my business.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It sounds to me like this guy is real management material. He has probably already put his letter in. One of these days you will come to work and he will be standing there wearing a suit, a United Way pin and some fresh lobotomy scars.
That is hilarious, sober, and oh so true.

I see aircraft mechanics taking advantage of the system every night I am at work. These people will eventuially be caught. It isnt my job to watch what others are doing. My job is to repair aircraft to the best of my ability. Thats what I do. I dont care what the other guys are doing.
Are you saying that you trust that these mechanics are working safely? If so fine, but if not, wouldn't that make you a party of a lawsuit should something go wrong?

Also, if it's the latter? What about the mechanic that works on your car, the Electrician or your plumber? Is it okay if they work that way as well? Sorry, I'm a thinking man and this is where my mind went.