Check out the video

UnconTROLLed

perfection
scary election.

Hoffa = same old, do not want negotiating next contract

Pope = sketchy and cannot look people in the eye when answering a question that requires a response that is authentic

Lesser of two evils = ?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Somehow I got an email from Pope's campaign. I emailed back a question about basic issues. I got back an email requesting a donation and no response to my question. Are Hoffa and Pope the same person? Lol!!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
She's definitely no Sara Palin.

In the video I watched she appeared to be reading cues off her right a little. She really really needs a speech class. The lack of eye contact could be a confidence thing.

This election will be creepy with the contract coming up in two years. We will probably have to make some significant concessions. Hopefully with the unions's help we can convince them to meet us part way. I dunno. The ppl at the top are delegating everything with what appears to be little scrutiny. They've made up their minds and it's their way or highway. Management need to get their heads outta their hineys and find some way to initiate some communication. The union needs to man up and take some responsibility. This entire country needs to be organized. And why is that so scary for some people? It's not 1932 Germany. But it does need organizing. Right now things are hectic. Without organization, under worsening conditions, it will become frantic. Frantic is not far enough from chaos for our safety.

804Warrior

Well I met the woman in person and I was not impressed(She spoke at a Local 804 event). I had heard so much talk and seen how our current board was so involved in solicitating signatures I thought at least she would have something to say. In regards to the confidence thing, I dont know. All I know when a Leader speaks you should feel something. I felt nothing. I wish her well and I wish us all luck cause we are going to need it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The union needs to man up and take some responsibility.

How about the UPS members "man up" and actually get involved....

Go to your Local's monthly meeting.... Participate.... instead of blaming.

Are you even aware that only 28 to 30% of UPS members even vote on their

own contract ? The company knows it.... And they take advantage of it.

Oh yeah....

Sandy Pope is not going to be the next General President of the IBT.

Neither is Fred Gegare.

-Bug-

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
"I thought at least she would have something to say. In regards to the confidence thing, I dont know. All I know when a Leader speaks you should feel something. I felt nothing..."
Very insightful view on what it takes to be a leader.:smart:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How about the UPS members "man up" and actually get involved....

Go to your Local's monthly meeting.... Participate.... instead of blaming.

Are you even aware that only 28 to 30% of UPS members even vote on their

own contract ? The company knows it.... And they take advantage of it.

Oh yeah....

Sandy Pope is not going to be the next General President of the IBT.

Neither is Fred Gegare.

-Bug-

I agree

Braveheart

Well unless some real leader steps up I will vote for anyone but Hoffa. He has allowed concession after concession and it is easier to fire drivers now than ever. No more innocent until proven guilty. Just sit you out and starve you into begging for your job back due to no savings.

We need something different. He gave them the smallest raises we have had in years AND THEN let them hold half our raises for 6 months. I understand there is and or was a recession but why give them the split raise? Wasn't the smaller raises enough! Then he makes all new partimers wait 12 months for benes vs 3 months and their wife and kids wait for 18 months now!

We get no pro rata for earning option 3 days. We can not even get them to make them give us the lite duty during regular work hours! What about lite duty for those fighting cancer. Nope! It is just not a worker friendly company and he has allowed them to make it worse and all we can do is watch as they get away with murder!!!

They have this new sporh harassment and they failed to stop it as well. Give me a new leader. Leaders are like diapers, they both need to be changed regularly and for the same reason!

Last edited: