Chelsea Clinton's wedding

P

pickup

Speaking of that, I got asked by a Calgarian in Cuba, how I can afoord to take this break and come here, etc.
I told him, that when I worked, I put $1100 a mth away into savings, ever since my house was paid off.
Was saving for early retirement.
He gave me tons of credit, because that's exactly what he did, and retired at age 55.
And that was my plan, too.

U need to look up the word "fungible" . If u were getting paid , oh let's say 500 dollars a week for unemployment, and used that for living expenses and as result ,not having to dip into ur savings, then u would have more in ur savings.

P

pickup

U need to look up the word "fungible" . If u were getting paid , oh let's say 500 dollars a week for unemployment, and used that for living expenses and as result ,not having to dip into ur savings, then u would have more in ur savings than u would have had , had u not been on the pogey.

klein

Für Meno :)
What will you be retiring from ?????????

I got 3 pension plans comming towards me. First one pays out at age 60 (14 years with teamsters, that had a better pension plan then the one at UPS Canada).
Then some Euros from Germany, and ofcourse Canada Pension at age 65.
Then we also get old age pension, on top of all those.

Just need money to get by until I'm 60. Don't have quite enough yet... 4-6 years more work to do (depending on payrate)

P

pickup

sorry, klein I am an interdimensional imp from the 5th dimension and I love coming to the 3rd dimension and bother "hypocrites" DS is well acquainted with this phenomenon and can explain it to u. The only way u can get rid of me is to get me to say my name backwards upon which doing so I will be transported back to the 5th dimension and will remain there for 90 days before I can come back here again. One other way u can get rid of me is if u can get me to spell my name backwards as well , it would look like this .... pukcip. Oh shoot I typed my name backwards, curses I will be back back in 90 days ...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Lue C Fur

Evil member
That has nothing to do with volenteer work at all.
Would you give me the money to go to the Gulf ?
I don't have it. You work, you could spare me some to go there.
I'll do the work, you pay the travel cost bills, fair ?

Maybe if you got a job, stop vacationing, quit the booze and cigs you would have money....scratch that...just keep sucking off the taxpayers.

klein

Für Meno :)
I paid $4300 in property taxes last month... over $2000 of that goes to send other peoples kids to school, alone.

And people with kids get the income tax break, go figure !

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Anyway...Back at the farm...or back on topic..

The Clinton's did what they wanted to for their daughter...

Putting things in perspective the Clinton's are worth 100's of millions of dollars and they spent a few million on their only daughter's wedding...Big deal!

They also helped the local economy in that area by spending this money and creating jobs...In other words instead of holding on to this money they gave/paid/donated to others for their services...

Who are we to judge?:wink2:

Oh and on an off topic note we eat salmon from Alaska (former oil spill area of the Exxon Valdez) and we are still alive and kicking..In fact when we were on a cruise up there a few years back and I actually caught some salmon and had the ship prepare it...UMMMMM! Buba gump here I come!!:happy-very:

Put aside your sarcasm, which BTW is getting old The kettle has acknowledged your message,Pot, for a second and read what he has to say as he makes a valid point. When the Clinton's were in the White House they were required, as all President's are, to disclose their tax returns for public scrutiny. I would be curious to see how much they personally gave in charitable contributions.

That being said, it is their money and they can do whatever they want with it, but to publicly solicit funds for earthquake relief and then spend $5M for what amounts to a one day party makes you wonder where their priorities really lie.

I found this link after posting this and it is quite interesting:

http://www.razoo.com/articles/Most_Generous_Presidents
Who cares what their returns / donations look like. What do yours look like before you call someone out?

First of all, you needed to apply at BP for the job, even voluentary, then needed to get a certificate, and besides that, only americans were welcomed, and last but not least, I don't have the money to rent a hotel room there, or any property near the beach.

Save the jaw action. The only shovel you`ve touched was for digging *********.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

Couldn't help it, but laugh with Clinton ! Good one !

Klein, I also could not help but chuckle along, glad we could have this laugh together.

I like how Randy Rainbow acted as if he was playing the final tones of the intro song. What show is that intro song from?

I am thinking maybe "Kate and Allie" or perhaps as a second guess, the Newhart show?????

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Klein, I also could not help but chuckle along, glad we could have this laugh together.

I like how Randy Rainbow acted as if he was playing the final tones of the intro song. What show is that intro song from?

I am thinking maybe "Kate and Allie" or perhaps as a second guess, the Newhart show?????
Golden Girls!