Chemah Air Drivah Rumah

air_dr

It's been the exact opposite in my building. They have cut most, if not all, the AM routes and have kept the PM routes in place.
Interesting...Where I work, over the last six years, its been, in short, add a route here, take a route there, try this idea or that idea, with no real appearant movement, to me at least, in any particular direction. The AM and PM sides have been affected about equally.

thessalonian13

Interesting...Where I work, over the last six years, its been, in short, add a route here, take a route there, try this idea or that idea, with no real appearant movement, to me at least, in any particular direction. The AM and PM sides have been affected about equally.
Nothing has been done in our building. We have all of our EAM Drivers and most of our part time NDA drivers and all of our PM air drivers.

some1else

Banned
We had ~25 eam pt air drivers laidoff about 1 year ago. Like other stated ft leave building early to del eam then get the rest of their pieces shuttled to them. There have been about 10/25 pm pt air laid off. We have really tight competition with fed-ex for late air pickups so most of these routes have last pickups at 2000-2030 and get in just before 2100. They start at 10-1030 to make 9.5 alot of guys seem to want that schedule because it saves alot of time on commuting

Rumor was ups laid off all these pt air to save money any truth in the claim that this was union instigated? When the pt air got a 0 day notice layoff the union didnt care.

Last edited:

air_dr

Rumor was ups laid off all these pt air to save money any truth in the claim that this was union instigated? When the pt air got a 0 day notice layoff the union didnt care.
I believe the goal is always to save money...whether it does or not in reality may be another matter. Sometimes I think the company, in various ways, walks over dollars in order to grab pennies. But that's a whole other subject and I'm digressing...

Now as for the Union position: I sense they are in favor of seeing this work (or any work) moved from PT's to higher paid FT's since higher wages is a union goal.

Also, while air drivers are basically limited to servicing air packages contractually, having this other classification of driver which is lower paid creates easier opportunity for the company to violate the contract by asking air drivers to service grounds. This is something the union has had to police (similar to keeping management from doing union work).

Anyway, while many of us air drivers are happy with our jobs and don't want to see anything changed, I can understand why the Union would be pleased to see the company reduce or elimimate the number of air routes, and would do nothing to stand in the way of such a movement.

siredline09

Hi Im an air driver for 43rd ST manhattan Local 804 member been with UPS since FEB 06 yes i know im a rookie but let me tell you UPS 43rd facility is THE MOST CORRUPT Building. I Had sups shave my hours, including not paying me ot after 5 hours and also guarantee me only 3 hours but really its 3 1/2 then threaten to cut your hours if you go to your shop stewart ..not only that the union works with management to friend* with you...tho not all stewarts. I have been moved from air driver to pm driver to preloader back to air driver now starting next week pm air driving,had guys with less seniority then me working way more hours and also told sups about bout it and also management and would get a simple answer of excesses why they are working and not me, also been laid off for a whole month in November since they had the helpers do our work. My schedule has been swithed from Mon-Fri and tues- sat so many times i dont know what im anymore had my Saturdays taken away from me from FT drivers since i need sat alot since they had cut my hours down to 3 hours a day o yea im not the only air driver i communicate with almost everyone and its the same thing for eveyone!!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hi Im an air driver for 43rd ST manhattan Local 804 member been with UPS since FEB 06 yes i know im a rookie but let me tell you UPS 43rd facility is THE MOST CORRUPT Building. I Had sups shave my hours, including not paying me ot after 5 hours and also guarantee me only 3 hours but really its 3 1/2 then threaten to cut your hours if you go to your shop stewart ..not only that the union works with management to friend* with you...tho not all stewarts. I have been moved from air driver to pm driver to preloader back to air driver now starting next week pm air driving,had guys with less seniority then me working way more hours and also told sups about bout it and also management and would get a simple answer of excesses why they are working and not me, also been laid off for a whole month in November since they had the helpers do our work. My schedule has been swithed from Mon-Fri and tues- sat so many times i dont know what im anymore had my Saturdays taken away from me from FT drivers since i need sat alot since they had cut my hours down to 3 hours a day o yea im not the only air driver i communicate with almost everyone and its the same thing for eveyone!!!!
Who's this "Stewart" guy you keep talking about?