Cherry picking for easy warning letters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I need to point out that the warning letter was for not having my hands at the 10 and 2 while the vehicle was still parked.

I'm not going to argue the fact that we need to have both hands on the wheel going down the road. But that isnt what happened here. I was turning the wheel and preparing to leave a parking space that I had backed into.

And the 10 and 2 rule is only applicable while the vehicle is going straight.

I got into the car. My wheels were cranked all the way to the left. I spun the wheel all the way to the right, left my parking space, and began weaving and turning my way between the parked cars and out of the lot.

You cannot glue your hands to the wheel at the 10 and 2 in such a situation. Your hands are moving and turning the wheel.

tieguy

Banned
I need to point out that the warning letter was for not having my hands at the 10 and 2 while the vehicle was still parked.

I'm not going to argue the fact that we need to have both hands on the wheel going down the road. But that isnt what happened here. I was turning the wheel and preparing to leave a parking space that I had backed into.

And the 10 and 2 rule is only applicable while the vehicle is going straight.

I got into the car. My wheels were cranked all the way to the left. I spun the wheel all the way to the right, left my parking space, and began weaving and turning my way between the parked cars and out of the lot.

You cannot glue your hands to the wheel at the 10 and 2 in such a situation. Your hands are moving and turning the wheel.

You do realize that reading through your many posts railing against the company, IE and management that one could wonder if you have problems accepting responsibility for your actions.

There is a communication disconnect here between you and your managment team.

The warning letter was not preordained to happen because brass was in the building. Thats a cop out.

The communication issue here is that they felt they needed to give you a warning letter because they felt you would not fix it through training and communication. A sit down to find out why they feel that way may be in order.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
[There is a communication disconnect here between you and your managment team.

The communication issue here is that they felt they needed to give you a warning letter because they felt you would not fix it through training and communication. A sit down to find out why they feel that way may be in order.
/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is we have a failure to communicate?

Communication is a two way street, as the information is only passed on if the person doing the communication is doing it correctly. In the current era at ups, I see and hear a lot of noise, but little communication.

Tie, you are assuming that the failure to complete the communication is all sobers issue. That is not a safe assumption, ever.

d

tieguy

Banned
[There is a communication disconnect here between you and your managment team.

/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is we have a failure to communicate?

Communication is a two way street, as the information is only passed on if the person doing the communication is doing it correctly. In the current era at ups, I see and hear a lot of noise, but little communication.

Tie, you are assuming that the failure to complete the communication is all sobers issue. That is not a safe assumption, ever.

d

Danny not at all. i do think though that sobers outspoken rants may indicate that his management team feels he is not receptive
Whether he is or not only he knows for sure.
I am thinking he has some questions on why and what was done that he needs to confront and discuss with them.
Showing his concern here can go a long way to eliviating some heartache in the future.
The best drivers I've seen are not only good at doing their jobs but they are often good at proactively managing issues before they become issues.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Danny not at all. i do think though that sobers outspoken rants may indicate that his management team feels he is not receptive
]

Really? What i get from Sober's post are far from that and actually in reverse. It appears that its his management team that seems unreceptive.

Sober is not one of the posters whos integrity has been called out so everything he posts does make sense. Tie I understand that you being a vocal management poster on this board that you might feel the need to defend UPS. But CMON! That warning letter has less value than a roll of charmin and decreases moral at the same time. Nothing good can come out of that and it will only lead to more confrontations union vs management in the near future. You do see that right?

tieguy

Banned
Really? What i get from Sober's post are far from that and actually in reverse. It appears that its his management team that seems unreceptive.

Sober is not one of the posters whos integrity has been called out so everything he posts does make sense. Tie I understand that you being a vocal management poster on this board that you might feel the need to defend UPS. But CMON! That warning letter has less value than a roll of charmin and decreases moral at the same time. Nothing good can come out of that and it will only lead to more confrontations union vs management in the near future. You do see that right?

I can see that. I can also see that the man has questions he needs to ask his management team. I honestly do not believe that a warning letter was a foregone conclusion. I think he needs to have a sit down and see where the disconnect is. The advice given is not that of defending UPS but of encouraging dialogue.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You have been a tormentor ever since you somehow fell into the fantasy football championship.:)

The only thing I fell into was getting Adrian Peterson with the 2nd pick after "someone" passed on him for Deangelo Williams with the 1st pick.
My tormenting comes out of a deep seeded distain and respect for your misguided view points.
Our relationship kind of reminds me of the old cartoon with the sheepdog and the wolf, Sam and Ralph.
Your Ralph.
sam_and_ralph_choke.png

Omega man

Omega man

Not all management are jerks. The vast majority are really decent people, just very scared for their jobs is all.

The problem with this whole thread is that the company is using a tool that at one time actually had meaning, and reducing it to a worthless piece of paper. The misuse of warning letters just goes to show that leadership, intelligence, ingenuity have mostly fallen by the wayside.

Now they try to use the club to accomplish their will. Problem is, the misuse has turned it into a paper mache club, one which the union and the members can turn back against the company in the future if documented properly.

d

Of course there are certainly some management who are decent folks who try to do right by the employees. But they pay a high price. These types rarely make it to upper management. If they did, this would be a completely different company. Much of the ethical problems and hurtfulness that are prevalent in management would not exist.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I'm always amazed at how some posters here think they need to put down some group of upsers in order to feel good about thievselves. I've learned to appreciate the contributions of many fine upsers over the years. that does not mean I look the other way when they say something outrageous. If challenging you on your BS attacks and assessments makes me a jerk then let me be the jerk.
I can live and sleep comfortably without your approval.
Yes but can you live and sleep comfortably without the paycheck you receive every month that comes from the service that drivers provide? Tieguy, think about the people that pay to ship packages... Do your actions, does your job make their lives easier? The safe, rapid pickup and delivery of packages is how we make money. Do your actions help or hinder?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Of course there are certainly some management who are decent folks who try to do right by the employees. But they pay a high price. These types rarely make it to upper management. If they did, this would be a completely different company. Much of the ethical problems and hurtfulness that are prevalent in management would not exist.

Your last post, the one I deleted shows your true colors. Most people are decent folks at UPS, drivers and management.

If UPS management was as incompetent as you claim UPS would not have been around for over 100 years.

How long have you been here?

Re-Raise

The only thing I fell into was getting Adrian Peterson with the 2nd pick after "someone" passed on him for Deangelo Williams with the 1st pick.
My tormenting comes out of a deep seeded distain and respect for your misguided view points.
Our relationship kind of reminds me of the old cartoon with the sheepdog and the wolf, Sam and Ralph.
Your Ralph.
sam_and_ralph_choke.png

How do I get in this fish pond? Any league where D Williams comes off the board first I want in. I hope Carolina trades him, I have Jonathon Stewart in a high dollar hold over league.

tieguy

Banned
Your Ralph.
sam_and_ralph_choke.png

don't worry, I'll hang you over that cliff but I won't let go...we'll maybe not.

tieguy

Banned
Yes but can you live and sleep comfortably without the paycheck you receive every month that comes from the service that drivers provide?

Absolutely. I trained many of them to provide that service.

Tieguy, think about the people that pay to ship packages... Do your actions, does your job make their lives easier?

They tell me my actions do, and they told my district manager that my actions did. How bout you Sig you taking those direct phone calls from the customer on the weekend when he needs that surprise feeder pickup like I have? Or do you blow him off because you're on your way to the ballgame with your son. I took those calls and made sure the customer got what he needed. would you have?

The safe, rapid pickup and delivery of packages is how we make money. Do your actions help or hinder?

Great question signature. Can you answer it. Does that customer have your personal cell phone number and your home phone number as some of mine do? Did you answer that phone call from the customer at all hours of the day and night and weekend as I have? You guys blow smoke here and have no idea of the committment it takes to walk in my shoes. You guys assume the worst about management. In the process your assumption represents the bad traits that you want to believe about management. In fact you guys are exactly what you want to believe about me.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Ups manages by fear and Intimidation, because it gets result, I know in my center it has, We I gone from the bottom to the top in injuries and accidents, but in my option MBF is for lazy and poor managers looking for the easy way out. They will never be leaders, managing this way as negative result, employees that look out only for themselves, not the best interest of the company, does not care how the company does, trash talks about the company to customers, does not look for new volume and a high number of disciplinary hearings. I know in my center morale is at a all time low.

tieguy

Banned
How do I get in this fish pond? Any league where D Williams comes off the board first I want in. I hope Carolina trades him, I have Jonathon Stewart in a high dollar hold over league.

in our league D williams was the highest scoring RB the previous year. It is what it is, bubbles beat the two highest scoring teams in the league on his way to victory.

Re-Raise

In the process your assumption represents the bad traits that you want to believe about management. In fact you guys are exactly what you want to believe about me.

What the %$#. Speak English man. If this is how you guys talk on your conference call I am glad I am out delivering the packages.

tieguy

Banned
Ups manages by fear and Intimidation, because it gets result, I know in my center it has, We I gone from the bottom to the top in injuries and accidents, but in my option MBF is for lazy and poor managers looking for the easy way out. They will never be leaders, managing this way as negative result, employees that look out only for themselves, not the best interest of the company, does not care how the company does, trash talks about the company to customers, does not look for new volume and a high number of disciplinary hearings. I know in my center morale is at a all time low.

All those years I watched the TV shows that portrayed a boss. That boss always ruled by fear and intimidation. If you did not do the job that boss fired you. Now I find out that this boss apparently portrayed a ups boss and that all the bosses at all the other companies are apparently candy assed pushovers. How was I to know?...:)

You guys ever meet the real boss. the guy running the companies that ship with us? The ones I have to explain your screw ups to?

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
All those years I watched the TV shows that portrayed a boss. That boss always ruled by fear and intimidation. If you did not do the job that boss fired you. Now I find out that this boss apparently portrayed a ups boss and that all the bosses at all the other companies are apparently candy assed pushovers. How was I to know?...:)

You guys ever meet the real boss. the guy running the companies that ship with us? The ones I have to explain your screw ups to?

No, Thats why we have you, to do our dirty work.

Omega man

Your last post, the one I deleted shows your true colors. Most people are decent folks at UPS, drivers and management.

If UPS management was as incompetent as you claim UPS would not have been around for over 100 years.

How long have you been here?

Where have you been? This forum is riddled with employees protesting the unfair and bad treatment they receive from people in the management ranks. This thread started as one example of such.
I guess your gauge for decency is much more limited than mine.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Where have you been? This forum is riddled with employees protesting the unfair and bad treatment they receive from people in the management ranks. This thread started as one example of such.
I guess your gauge for decency is much more limited than mine.

It was your over the top insulting description of management people that got my response! It is one thing to have conversation about unfair treatment and quite another to disparage people.

Read the Terms of service and familiarize yourself with how it works on this forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.