Chicago Integrad?

barnyard

KTM rider
Plus, if you come to any online community and ask, ask, ask; you are going to get a cooler reception than if you are an actual contributor or member of said community.

Was it really hard or not too bad? Did you have to go back and stress about it and study every night? Was classroom or driving tests harder? Any tips or pointers besides what you said. What about your shoes I heard they grade you on polishing them?

Not to much stressing, Most stress came from getting that damn uniform the way they wanted. Like I said you have to have a military style crease in both your shirt and pants leg. The first day when we failed, a few of us found a walgreens nearby and had to go in and buy a brush and shoe polish because our shoes apparently where not shiny enough. Like they will line you up in front of the class, and the instructor while put his foot right next to yours and say something like "you see how shiny my shoes are, that's the way yours should be". Their was one guy, I don't know If he didn't take the class serious or what, but like the last day he came, shirt was all wrinkled and jacked-up......that was It for him, disqualified, all because of his shirt.

I feel bad for the guys who they trot out for this dog and pony show. It's complete BS to get on CNN every now and again. It's not "real world" much less the opposite. All their simulators, and ice walk stuff is crap. It is. Not to mention the previous poster talking about creased uniforms, shiny shoes, all that crap. It's not real.

OH yeah one more thing, I agree with this guy "right on the money". It's like while your in class you have to play their game you know, do everything how they want, but I'll look at real driver's during our day and they will have like, grease stains on their shirt, and holes in it, and when people actually become drivers the only thing they will look at is your allowance time, unless you have a hard ***** for a center manager, like we used to but THANK G-D he is gone now, that guy made us hate coming to work!

localsorter

How is the bunking situation a chicago intergrad? I think you stay at a hotel but do you stay by yourself at are you paired with a random person?

Whargoul

Soon you will come to realize that Integrad was the least of your worries. It was a great time overall and hotel was really nice. That breakfast buffet every morning was the shiznit! My advice is : Know the 5 & 10 word for word before you go and test out on Monday. Knowing the pretrip will also benefit you greatly. Don't be too nervous because you will need to be very verbal on the road tests. You will drive the busy Chicago expressway so don't freak out. Check the front of the car on integration station at every stop so you don't run over lil timmy. I learned more my first week of doing a full route ( business, res, pickup's, on demand pickups etc ) than Integrad. Integrad is just a mind**** to see if you can handle stress and have the aptitude to learn. The diad training and methods have helped me though.