Chick Fil A appreciation day

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It was a zoo at the Chick-fil-A locations here in the Atlanta area.
I went by one at lunch and the cars were everywhere and the people were lined up outside the door.
From what they were saying on the radio, it was pretty much like this all over the Atlanta area.

I must confess, I don't know what this is all about except it was something Truitt Cathy said ... according to my wife.
I think she told me but as usual, I wasn't listening and I've learned to not ask again.
Better to live in ignorance.

tourists24

I went by one at lunch and the cars were everywhere and the people were lined up outside the door.
From what they were saying on the radio, it was pretty much like this all over the Atlanta area.

I must confess, I don't know what this is all about except it was something Truitt Cathy said ... according to my wife.
I think she told me but as usual, I wasn't listening and I've learned to not ask again.
A lot of people will have a lot of different opinions on the whole issue.... I loved it simply because I know a couple of the managers of the stores and they are class acts. The fact that it became a political story made it even better. It all started to try and make the chain to look bad, but the support had a life of its own

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This was nothing to do with Chick-fil-A policy, it all started when Truett's oldest son Don made a comment after being asked a question in a interview. Being Southern Baptist, he stated that he believes in traditional marriage. So somehow this got blown out of proportion that Chick-fil-A as a business hates Gay people. They sell chicken sandwiches, thats all.

I have been to a couple of meetings where Truett Cathy was the guest speaker. He mainly talks about how he started his business through hard work and trying to give the best customer service possible. He started out as a kid buying a six pack of Cokes for a quarter and selling them for a nickel apiece, so he made a nickel profit. He soon figured out that he could buy a block of ice and sell cold drinks, and his business doubled as a kid. He also delivered newspapers. Instead of just throwing them on the customer's porch, he would lean them carefully next to the front door or on their porch chair, according to the customer preference. He doubled his sales and won a trip to a Florida beach every year from the Atlanta Constitution.

One meeting I went to he focused on fathers raising their families. He told us that we are to act as head of the household and set the example for the rest of the family. He doesn't drink, swear, smoke, and is still married to his childhood sweetheart at the age of ninety-one. When his kids and grandkids learned to drive, he made them drive an old beater until they graduated from school, then he would buy them a new car. Truett has personally sponsored over two hundred adopted kids. His restaurants give away college scholarships to employees. He is very generous with his money, donating most of it away. Colleges and hospitals around my area have buildings with his name on them, through his WinShape Foundation. I am very familiar with Chick-fil-A. I deliver to his younger son Dan's home and I have a lot of Chick-fil-A Corporate people living on my delivery area. My Center also handles the Corporate account, they are good customers of us.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Best fast food anywhere,but I will not go there. There stance on gays is absolutley stupid. There are so many better causes to back . They will not get any bussiness from me. Please show me where Jesus preached against gays. I know what the bible says but. It was written by men same as Chick filet people. How about child abuse,domestic abuse,animal abuse, cancer,birth defects , no let's pick on people that's only fault is that they were born differant WTF

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A lot of people will have a lot of different opinions on the whole issue.... I loved it simply because I know a couple of the managers of the stores and they are class acts. The fact that it became a political story made it even better. It all started to try and make the chain to look bad, but the support had a life of its own

I went out on the Internet and did some research.
I don't know if it's political but it sure got stupid in a hurry.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Best fast food anywhere,but I will not go there. There stance on gays is absolutley stupid. There are so many better causes to back . They will not get any bussiness from me. Please show me where Jesus preached against gays. I know what the bible says but. It was written by men same as Chick filet people. How about child abuse,domestic abuse,animal abuse, cancer,birth defects , no let's pick on people that's only fault is that they were born differant WTF

It has everything to do with traditional marriage. Merely a person stating his constitutional given right. Nothing more.....nothing less. There is nothing to read between the lines of his statement

moreluck

golden ticket member

Freedom of Speech ....it's as simple as that!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's not about gays at all......it's about freedom of speech and people like Rahm and others not allowing it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Best fast food anywhere,but I will not go there. There stance on gays is absolutley stupid.

Chick-fil-A does not have a stance against Gays, thats the whole point. Show me anything where they do as a company, you can't. There are no signs on the door, no posters on the wall, nothing on an employment application. You have no idea about the personal beliefs of most business owners when you walk in their door to spend your money. Are you going to quit buying gas because its made out of oil from Arab countries where they stone homosexuals to death?

rod

Retired 22 years
My daughter tried to go to Chick-fil-A today but she said the lines were so long she didn't have time to wait. Me thinks the "anti Chick-fil-A protest is back firing on them. I now see MacDonalds and all the others trying to get some group to oppose them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rick Warren
@RickWarren
@dancathy just called me. #ChickFilA has already set a world record today, with 7 more hrs to go in the West. #OutOfChicken

Catatonic

Nine Lives

From what I researched, I did not see anything against gays.
It seemed like he was speaking about maintaining the traditional meaning of "marriage".

The extrapolation to the attacks on Chick-fil-A was what prompted me to post "it sure got stupid in a hurry".

I have family who are gay and friends who are gay.
I fully support that they should have the same legal rights of opposite sex couples who are married.

The questions regarding "marriage" are a direct result of governments getting involved in marriage in the first place.
It's none of the government's friend** business as far as I am concerned.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They have donated millions of dollars to anti gay marrige groups How about donating the money to feed the hungry of the world. Orginized religion stinks .Love me love one another ! That is what is important. Signed by a Irish heterosexual Catholic with 13 years of religious education who can see past the BS. I think the traditional idea of a family unit is wonderful ,but it is not always the case. My daughter is a police officer I know how many times she gets a call for domestic abuse on our traditional family units.So again let's get in our moral high horse and pick on people who are differant.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Funny thing is, I haven't eaten there in over a year.
The only thing I have bought there in the last 10 years is their salads and Diet Lemonade.

moreluck

golden ticket member
4-6 monhs ago, Obama thought the same as the Chick-Fil-A guy. I don't recall Rahm Emmanual going off on Barack's arse!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
On further reflection and a bigger keyboard other than my phone which makes me prone to misspelling. As private citizens we are entitled to our opinions and to boycott anyone or anyplace we want based on our personal views. Public figures on the other hand should not be allowed to use their office to say what bussiness can or cannot be in their city or state. That being said I still miss their spicy chicken bagel sandwich for breakfast but will not stop for one.