Chick Fil A appreciation day

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A lot of people will have a lot of different opinions on the whole issue.... I loved it simply because I know a couple of the managers of the stores and they are class acts. The fact that it became a political story made it even better. It all started to try and make the chain to look bad, but the support had a life of its own

On further reflection and a bigger keyboard other than my phone which makes me prone to misspelling. As private citizens we are entitled to our opinions and to boycott anyone or anyplace we want based on our personal views. Public figures on the other hand should not be allowed to use their office to say what bussiness can or cannot be in their city or state. That being said I still miss their spicy chicken bagel sandwich for breakfast but will not stop for one.

If I'm ever up your way, I'll go buy you one and bring it to you ... and some Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

klein

Für Meno :)
First of all, most of your oil comes from Canada, then Mexico and Venezuela.
Only a small portion of US imported oil comes from the middle east.

So, it's quite the opposite.
Keep driving and keep supporting equality in Canada and our government healthcare for everyone ! :)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You know the world we live in I cannot control where the gas I buy comes from I need to get to work and go places south jersey public trans sucks,although I gas up @ WaWa because they don' t charge extra for debit cards. I can control where I spend my extra money fast food etc. and it will not be Chick fil A. I am a big boy and post myself for further criticism Stewies. No fly list: Wallmart, Citgo, FedEx, Chick Fil A, ,Cracker Barrel, and Bob Evans because there service sucks

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This plaque is next to the front door of Bubba Cathy's house. He has six kids, this is what "arrows" refers to in this verse. He had a nice Harley Road King parked in front of this today.
utf-8BSU1BRzAwODYuanBn-1.jpg
utf-8BSU1BRzAwODYuanBn-1.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It has everything to do with traditional marriage. Merely a person stating his constitutional given right. Nothing more.....nothing less. There is nothing to read between the lines of his statement

The owner of Chick Fil A has every right to his own opinion about gay marriage, and to express that opinion. I have every right to express my opinion by choosing whether or not to support his business with my money.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Like being gay is a curse ??? :sad-little:

Being gay isnt a curse...but if you really stop to think about it, why in the hell would it be a voluntary "lifestyle" in our society?

My sister was born gay, she didnt choose to be gay.

Growing up, she was forced to hide who she really was. She couldnt go to the prom. She couldnt date who she wanted to date. She had to keep silent when people around her made hateful, ignorant and bigoted comments about her and those like her. She and those like her often times feared for their physical safety. Even today, she and her partner are legally forbidden from enjoying the same marriage benefits as a hetero couple, simply by virtue of the fact that neither one of them owns a penis. Why in the hell would anybody choose a "lifestyle" like that?

The "curse" is not on those who were born gay, it is on the ignorant people around them who hypocritically justify their prejudice by cherry-picking select phrases from the Old Testament that are in direct conflict with the teachings of the Jesus they pretend to worship.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Being gay isnt a curse...but if you really stop to think about it, why in the hell would it be a voluntary "lifestyle" in our society?

My sister was born gay, she didnt choose to be gay.

Growing up, she was forced to hide who she really was. She couldnt go to the prom. She couldnt date who she wanted to date. She had to keep silent when people around her made hateful, ignorant and bigoted comments about her and those like her. She and those like her often times feared for their physical safety. Even today, she and her partner are legally forbidden from enjoying the same marriage benefits as a hetero couple, simply by virtue of the fact that neither one of them owns a penis. Why in the hell would anybody choose a "lifestyle" like that?

The "curse" is not on those who were born gay, it is on the ignorant people around them who hypocritically justify their prejudice by cherry-picking select phrases from the Old Testament that are in direct conflict with the teachings of the Jesus they pretend to worship.

You know,I was responding to Mrfedex because he implied that it was a curse?

over9five

Staff member
Wish there was a Chick Fil A around here, but there are only two in Massachusetts. Would have been there showing my support for a successful businessman exercising his First Amendment rights.

I'd also like to point out that to my knowledge this man has NOT said anything anti gay. This is a whole lot of BS over nothing. The only GOOD thing was the amount of sales Chick Fil A made on their appreciation day. Thank goodness people with common sense outnumber those without.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Would have been there showing my support for a successful businessman exercising his First Amendment rights.

Not to get to technical but I have not heard of any government trying to restrict Dan Cathy from exercising his 1st amendment rights.
The 1st Amendment protects the individual from any government restricting the rights of an individual in their speech or other forms of expression.

Gay rights participants had the right to express their opinion as did the supporters of Chick-fil-A and no government has tried to restrict either group.

Any government official who tried or tries to do so will be in violation of the 1st amendment and derivative laws.

over9five

Staff member
Not to get to technical but I have not heard of any government trying to restrict Dan Cathy from exercising his 1st amendment rights.
The 1st Amendment protects the individual from any government restricting the rights of an individual in their speech or other forms of expression.

Gay rights participants had the right to express their opinion as did the supporters of Chick-fil-A and no government has tried to restrict either group.

Any government official who tried or tries to do so will be in violation of the 1st amendment and derivative laws.
You have not heard of at least two mayors telling this man not to build his restaurants in their cities????
Seems to me they're doing that SPECIFICALLY to deny him those rights, at least in their back yards.