Chick Fil A appreciation day

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You have not heard of at least two mayors telling this man not to build his restaurants in their cities????
Seems to me they're doing that SPECIFICALLY to deny him those rights, at least in their back yards.

When questioned about the legality of their statements, they both replied (backpedaled quickly) that they were expressing their own personal opinions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At least one did so on city (government) letterhead.

And we have not heard the end of that yet.
She may be prosecuted.
She is trying to backtrack too but the letterhead and government purchased postage may be her undoing.
I think she will not be prosecuted but she may have to do sum heavy xplaining.
I don't see the Obama regime prosecuting a gay woman for this, especially if she backs away from this and recuses herself from acting on this issue.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'd also like to point out that to my knowledge this man has NOT said anything anti gay. This is a whole lot of BS over nothing. The only GOOD thing was the amount of sales Chick Fil A made on their appreciation day. Thank goodness people with common sense outnumber those without.

He has stated publicly that gay people should be denied a basic right (marriage) that is afforded to straight couples.

Sounds pretty anti-gay to me.

over9five

Staff member
He has stated publicly that gay people should be denied a basic right (marriage) that is afforded to straight couples.

I would say he (and millions of others) define marriage differently than you. I think he is pro-traditional marriage, and not anti-gay.

moreluck

golden ticket member

They can have the "right".....just don't call it marriage. Call it Fusion or Blending or mixture, etc.,,,,,,,,justnot marriage.

soberups

I would say he (and millions of others) define marriage differently than you. I think he is pro-traditional marriage, and not anti-gay.

At one time in this country, "millions of us" defined human beings differently by denying basic human rights to people with black skin. Marriage is a civil rights issue and should not be subject to the whims of public opinion any more than segregation was.

All individuals...not just straight people...should be free to define marriage in whatever manner suits their religious or personal beliefs. However... It should not be up to the goverment to pick and choose which couples are allowed to receive benefits (married tax rates, social security etc.) based upon religious beliefs.

If you dont believe in gay marriage, then by all means dont marry a gay person. But quit charging couples a "gay tax" just because their definition of marriage does not align with yours.

soberups

They can have the "right".....just don't call it marriage. Call it Fusion or Blending or mixture, etc.,,,,,,,,justnot marriage.

They can call it whatever they want. So can you. Just quit making them pay higher taxes and quit denying them the Social Security benefits that are given to straight couples. It really boils down to an issue of financial justice, nothing more.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They can call it whatever they want. So can you. Just quit making them pay higher taxes and quit denying them the Social Security benefits that are given to straight couples. It really boils down to an issue of financial justice, nothing more.

Exactly Sober.
The crux of the issue is when the government got involved in marriage.
It's none of the governments business.
The government should be involved in legal unions ... not marriage.

Last edited:

soberups

jesus.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
What Dan Cathy said:
What Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy said to Biblical Reporter, published July 2, when asked about the company’s support for traditional marriage and opposition to gay marriage.
“Well, guilty as charged. We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. We operate as a family business ... our restaurants are typically led by families – some are single. We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that ... We intend to stay the course. We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.”
On the Ken Coleman 
radio program June 16:
“As it relates to society in general, I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage. I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”

I personally would like it if he would rather take a strong stance on the killing of the innocent unborn. I believe God's judgement on our nation would be a lot more severe for that horrendous crime, rather than our definition of marriage.
But that's me I have differant priorities and my prayers are for the babies yet unborn but living none the less.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Actually, on a technical note, that is not correct.
When I first read this, it did not sound correct although I knew what you meant.

A heterosexual can not marry a person of the same sex just as a gay person cannot marry a person of the same sex.
There is equal treatment and rights under the law.

Perhaps you should refine your statement so it is clearer what you mean.

soberups

Actually, on a technical note, that is not correct.
When I first read this, it did not sound correct although I knew what you meant.

A heterosexual can not marry a person of the same sex just as a gay person cannot marry a person of the same sex.
There is equal treatment and rights under the law.

Perhaps you should refine your statement so it is clearer what you mean.

Instead of saying gay people, I should have said gay couples.

It is factually correct to say that gay couples are denied a basic civil right that is afforded to heterosexual couples.