Chiropractor visit UPS insurance question

LeddySS98

At the begining of the year I had a couple days off due to volume being low, (back up driver) so I decided to go to the chiropractor, use my insurance, why not.... The blue shields coverage pamplet read that I pay 12 or 15 dollars per visit and they cover the rest up to 52 times a year or something like that...

well after I went I got the bill for 3 sessions and it's saying now that the insurance paid 12 for the first visit then it paid 3.23 and 1.73 on the second two???

Is the insurance company just being sneaky or is this the way it works? I'm hoping someone else has gone on here, and can touch base with me on this...
Thx guys.

satellitedriver

At the begining of the year I had a couple days off due to volume being low, (back up driver) so I decided to go to the chiropractor, use my insurance, why not.... The blue shields coverage pamplet read that I pay 12 or 15 dollars per visit and they cover the rest up to 52 times a year or something like that...

well after I went I got the bill for 3 sessions and it's saying now that the insurance paid 12 for the first visit then it paid 3.23 and 1.73 on the second two???

Is the insurance company just being sneaky or is this the way it works? I'm hoping someone else has gone on here, and can touch base with me on this...
Thx guys.
Sounds like you are covered by C.S.

Just Lurking

Sounds like you are covered by C.S.

Why does it sound like C.S.?

C.S. does not have any type of co-pay that is $12-15.

LeddySS98, where are you located and what plan are you in? If you have pamphlet, what does it say specifically? I am in C.S. but my pamphlet does not say that. Since I do not go to chirapactor I clueless to what it should pay. My assumption would be that I would have to pay my standard $20 co-apy for an office visit.

Give C.S. for their explanation of EOB. Its a free call.

local804

Alot of the drivers in our center all go to the same Dr. As a courtesy, he waves our $5.oo copay and makes it up in volume. If you know a chiropractor on a friendly level I would suggest you ask him the same. Tell him if you get 5 new customers would he think about waving the charge. You would be surpised what they will do to get new business.