Chris Rocks

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Bubblehead, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Anybody see Chris Rock's assertion that UPS is "hard work" during the Oscars?
  2. Bubblehead

How much did UPS pay, or was it a freebie?
  3. That was free I'm sure.
  4. DS

DS Fenderbender

I think Chris has ups friends,that tell him how it is,he's so anti establishment,I think he meant it.
  5. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Not me.
    I personally despise his asinine opinions wrapped in, "so called", comedy.
  6. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

I thought I heard him say that. I have always liked him as a comedian.
  7. TheDick

TheDick Member

Didnt see the clip but I did del plenty of oscar screeners to 2 film directors that live on my route. Some of them sig req.
  8. Bubblehead

Although I don't agree with everything he says, I've often found his "opinions" refreshing.
    He dares to say things that few of his race would.
    In the end, is a comedian supposed to be taken seriously?
  9. rod

rod retired and happy

NAPCAR races rained out and didn't watch the Oscars. I figure that saved me about 7 or 8 hours of wasted tv time today.
  10. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I know Chris grew up in a part of Brooklyn not far from the Foster Ave Facility , he probably knew a few friends that worked in the hub there. Also, his father was a truck driver that delivered newspapers(and at one point, that was a great union job).
  11. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I didn't see the clip, I am hoping it will make its way to u-tube at some point or maybe someone will write an article referencing what he said.
  12. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

“I hate when people go on TV and tell you how hard it is do animation. UPS is hard work. Stripping work is hard work. I've done some animation and here's how easy it is. I go into a booth and I go, 'What's the line?' The guy goes, 'It's time to go to the store.' 'It's time to go to the store!' ... And then they give me a million dollars."
    Chris Rock, presenting the Oscar for best animated film
  13. cino321

cino321 Active Member

LOL I like it.
  14. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

My wife was watching it and called me upstairs to replay it on the DVR.
  15. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Years ago, he had a friend who was a preloader. (if I remember right)
  16. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

i didn't like his comment about how a black guy gets the animated voice of a zebra or donkey and the white guys get the better "parts". his black/white rhetoric is getting so old.

he did say he gets a million dollars for his voice though. that's a tough life.
  17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I was wondering when The Academy Awards was on. What movie I never heard of won?
  18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

"the Artist"??? Never heard of it, but the french guy who starred in it swore when he accepted his oscar.
  19. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I'm sure the 9 people that saw it loved it.
  20. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

no, i didnt, but if he did thats cool, because its true, and to the rest of you, are you that freakin miserable you cant take a compliment???