Christmas Eve drop boxes...

barnyard

KTM rider
I was talking to my boss about this today before our air came in. He said that with some Friday volume missed, it is very hard to plan for Monday. I thought it would be very easy, take Friday's plan, subtract the stops delivered and we should know from that what we will be seeing that is not forecast for Monday. Puts me at about 20 stops heavier than forecast.

Could be a late night.

Awhile back in the summer I had to get done real early and hit up the drop boxes really early and stop completed them anyways I got a warning letter.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Awhile back in the summer I had to get done real early and hit up the drop boxes really early and stop completed them anyways I got a warning letter.

You took it upon yourself to close out your drop boxes early? You should be thankful you are still working here.

To the OP--we were told to make a sweep of our drop boxes but not to scan them---an air driver would sweep them on his way to the airport.

instantK

Today I got finished a 2hours early and picked up a drop box early... I didnt really think of the scheduled time, new years eve lots going on.... got a call from sup asking why i didnt do them, just explained myself, lucky there was another drive in the area who ended up getting them at correct time.... OOPPS... this is m first big screw up really. Sup told me i'll be in the office next working day

I guess i'm lucky we all make mistakes....Id say you will get a warning letter because they had another drive cover you as long as they like you LOL. I actually learned my lesson and never cheat or try to get done if I have to wait I sit there and wait... easy money

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You took it upon yourself to close out your drop boxes early? You should be thankful you are still working here.

To the OP--we were told to make a sweep of our drop boxes but not to scan them---an air driver would sweep them on his way to the airport.

BOG FTW

iowa boy

We were told to pick up the drop boxes on our routes when we were done delivering. I hit both the boxes on my route before 2 pm today.

instantK

i think the normal time is 5.... i was done at 2.... apparently we were told at the PCM to pick them up at time, guess they wanted me to sit there for 3hrs and wait. I messed up i'll find out my fate on Wednesday morning haha.

Big Babooba

A little side note: the subject of Christmas deliveries came up in the same discussion...If it gets into the next contract, they better be paying us triple time.

Play Santa Clause for $90+ an hour? Sign me up.

Santa Claus Clause! I'd like to get my claws into some of that!!!