Christmas Eve?

upsgrunt

You know, something I will never understand is why they put that prompt in our pickups a week ago about what accounts are closed, which are open, and early close times. We ask and they say that if they are closed they won't load it and we won't have to fight it. What happens every year? They load everything, we have to fight it, and then, have to unload it tonight(Christmas Eve). What the hell is the point? Say what you are going to do and do what you are going to say. Maybe, just maybe ask the drivers for their input; they just might surprise you with their "depth of knowledge" (and I'm not talking about the 10 point commentary) Sorry, ranting overwith!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You know, something I will never understand is why they put that prompt in our pickups a week ago about what accounts are closed, which are open, and early close times. We ask and they say that if they are closed they won't load it and we won't have to fight it. What happens every year? They load everything, we have to fight it, and then, have to unload it tonight(Christmas Eve). What the hell is the point? Say what you are going to do and do what you are going to say. Maybe, just maybe ask the drivers for their input; they just might surprise you with their "depth of knowledge" (and I'm not talking about the 10 point commentary) Sorry, ranting overwith!
isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!! I tell my preloader and usually he's pretty good about it. (although today was not his day) :dissapointed:

Cementups

Box Monkey
My helper and I were done with my 155 stops at 2:00pm. I started at 8am and picked him up at 9:30am. We coasted thru pretty quickly. I didn't punch out till 3:45pm though since I went and helped out a neighbor and ran 2 o/a's on the way back in.

Only about 330 days till the next peak.

maybrown

is not a woman
My day ended at 16:00 with 120 stops no pu today. My center kept sending a message:
" Family: Your most important stop! Be safe"
I'm glad finally the peak season was over.
Merry Christmas to all!

brownman15

they broke out routes did 274 stops punched out at 18:45 were still drivers out I.E. should be shot for breaking routes out on xmas eve my center manager wes pissed

DorkHead

Just as I expected would happen. I had 160 stops, 275 pieces, 100 miles. Kept my helper over 6 hrs. Paid lunch, punched out my center manager..........I mean 1800

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I.E. should be shot for breaking routes out on xmas eve my center manager wes pissed

They try that every year on Christmas Eve. Lucky for me I have a Dispatch Supervisor that knows what is going on. IE wanted to cut the residential split cars out yesterday, but he kept them in. I would have had 275 stops instead of the 162 yesterday.

dirty moose

my center friend'ed up by 5000 stops, not sure how they can't see an extra 5000 stops coming in. there were a lot of angry drivers in morning. did 234 stops punched out @ 5:40 got my helper 8 hours of work as well.

as for the pre load im pretty sure they were told to just throw everything in he cars and punch out, cause my load was a mess!!! and the whole car was one section # 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 and EDD/PAS is good? really a FUN day.