Christmas Eve

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our supe keeps bringing up the fact that we all had such a bad Christmas Eve last with everyone working past 7. He doesn't want a repeat of the same this year and with the snow we need to stay cleaned up. The only people to blame for last years Christmas Eve are the people running the show and it looks like we have big snow on the way for Wednesday so it looks we might be in for a repeat performance. When you plan for 50 drivers and we need 55 but in reality end up with 48 after injuries/accidents (happens every year but is never planned for) you're setting us up for a disaster.

jenniferlynn

Last year here in Louisville, we were there until like 8:00PM. It snowed like idunno what!! We were there late cleaning up the ramp...Now that blew!! We were the last crew to leave...

jenniferlynn

Well I thought for sure places would be open, so that I could do some last minute Christmas shopping :) I waited until the last minute alright...my only options for that were Rite Aide and Walgreens! I bought my youngest son (who was then turning 15) for his birthday a Bart Simpson Chia pet and of course gave him money :) I didn't mind working Christmas Eve, though...it was fun :)

barnyard

KTM rider
I've been done between 1600 and 1700 for the past several Christmas eves. There was a sign up sheet posted tonight for those that want an 8-hour guarantee on Thursday.

"Not I," says me.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Our supe keeps bringing up the fact that we all had such a bad Christmas Eve last with everyone working past 7. He doesn't want a repeat of the same this year and with the snow we need to stay cleaned up. The only people to blame for last years Christmas Eve are the people running the show and it looks like we have big snow on the way for Wednesday so it looks we might be in for a repeat performance. When you plan for 50 drivers and we need 55 but in reality end up with 48 after injuries/accidents (happens every year but is never planned for) you're setting us up for a disaster.

Brownie:
Where you at? I'll come and help. Not a joke.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Brownie:
Where you at? I'll come and help. Not a joke.

bumped

This is the day for management to bury the drivers they don't like. I see it every year that there are drivers out until 7, 8, 9 o'clock. Thankfully, I'm usually done by 2:30-3:00.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have a largely comercial area about 80% bussinesses, which leads to an early day on Christmas eve most years. I am usually done by 3.

I have spent many years out until 9, and even 10pm on the 24th however. Even worked 8hrs on Christmas day one year, weather was bad and loads of packages were delayed a day!!

Seniority is a great thing!!!

Working Monday,not Tuesday,not Wednesday,not Thursday,not Friday. Peaks over for us and feeder seniority is an even greater thing.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
My family minds, my parents always do our family Christmas on Christmas eve. They have all waited on me many, many times!!