Christmas Eve

Goldilocks

I hear FedEx is changing over to be called "Smith & Marley". Just finished watching one of my favorite Christmas movies, A Christmas Carol, with Patrick Stewart. Scrooge, a man who sees only profit and lives only for his business. Kind of rings a bell, doesn't it?

I love that movie. But remember, Scrooge changes and starts giving to everyone!!!

S

serenity now

Its called Managing by Intimidation. If a PT decides not to work Christmas Eve there will be a Big Target on their backs come January.

i have worked every christmas eve i have been with this company/ do it and done / no biggie

Bailey4

Part timers at our station were told .............that the management was told in a conference call......... part timers expected to work whenever they needed them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Part timers at our station were told .............that the management was told in a conference call......... part timers expected to work whenever they needed them.
They're lying. Ask them for a recorded transcript of the conference call.

Rhoderunner

PTers have all the juice. Free to pick n choose when they want to work outside their normal schedule. Our managers have resorted to keeping some of these people for 5:59 hours. PTers can be made to work up to 6 hours on their scheduled work day and they make the ones they don't like do just that. Most in our place step up and it's appreciated.

Nolimitz

I FT t-s and started mandatory 6 day weeks on 12-9 thru the duration... PT's also working monday- sat at our station... cant figure why the 5-8'ers arent force to work 6 days

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Bwahhhhhhhhhh. * choke choke *

We had PT's come in today (forced-reverse seniority no less) and most of them were sent home.

I was one that refused; the others were too scared to join me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bwahhhhhhhhhh. * choke choke *

We had PT's come in today (forced-reverse seniority no less) and most of them were sent home.

I was one that refused; the others were too scared to join me.

You hit on another part of the equation. FedEx wants you to commit your day to them, and then go home with minimums if they don't need you. They get ultimate flexibility without paying for it.

SmithBarney

So have I, but if you choose NOT to work on Christmas Eve, what do you think will happen? Assuming you are PT.

Technically nothing should happen, if you are PT Tu-sat, and you see you are on the schedule for Monday, inform your manager of his error and state "I didn't sign up for extra hours, and have prior commitments on my regularly scheduled day off(Monday)"

Some folks here say you'll have a target on your back, I guess it depends where you are.

MaineGroundDriver

At least you guys know what to expect on Monday .. we have been told by FDX management for almost 2 months that "Christmas Eve is a scheduled working day, but we will not be getting any new freight in. If your route is cleaned up by 12/22, you have 3 days off." Today though, rumors flying that Monday is up in the air .. nice, when you've already planned according to what you've been told and you've been busting ass to make sure everything is getting delivered on time so you can be home with family ..

SmithBarney

Monday is all hands on deck, it might be light, it might be heavy, but they'll know better by tomorrow night(friday) based on pup volume.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Monday is all hands on deck, it might be light, it might be heavy, but they'll know better by tomorrow night(friday) based on pup volume.

If it's light, they'lll be begging you to go home or force you to leave if you're PT. If it's heavy, they'll expect you to stay all day. Bend over, and over, and over some more.

Goldilocks

We maybe running a Sunday Operation. And we are allowed to work up to 70 hours....Managers are still having to run FT routes that DRA created. I'm already at 51 hours, I will be at 63 by the end of the day.