Christmas in August

feeder05

As a feeder driver I get a taste on what is going on in side the HUBS, and it does not look good. Volume is at peak numbers, hubs are under staffed, and when they do keep employees they get hired to go driving. We've been hiring backup feeder positions all year and are still under staffed. What does it look like in your areas. MERRY CHRISTMAS….

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
As a feeder driver I get a taste on what is going on in side the HUBS, and it does not look good. Volume is at peak numbers, hubs are under staffed, and when they do keep employees they get hired to go driving. We've been hiring backup feeder positions all year and are still under staffed. What does it look like in your areas. MERRY CHRISTMAS….
We don't need your specific hub if you don't want to but general location that this is happening at?

Any new amazon distribution centers or anything like that go up recently?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My building broke volume records this summer. It's funny I was just checking my pay stub on upsers. I am up about 100 hours from this time last year...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My building broke volume records this summer. It's funny I was just checking my pay stub on upsers. I am up about 100 hours from this time last year...
Just checked, I'm part time and up 40 from the previous year. I will say though that they've hired way more new people than they had by this time last year. Usually they wait so they can hire them on as seasonal employees.

AKCoverMan

Well in 2nd quarter (April, May, June) according to the recent reports we handled about one million packages per day than the same period in the prior year.

That can't be bad..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just checked, I'm part time and up 40 from the previous year. I will say though that they've hired way more new people than they had by this time last year. Usually they wait so they can hire them on as seasonal employees.
Nah....it looks like they hired around the same numbers of idiots. The thing saving them is this summer so far and last...August has been pretty mild in terms of temperature. They're not quite dropping like flies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Nah....it looks like they hired around the same numbers of idiots. The thing saving them is this summer so far and last...August has been pretty mild in terms of temperature. They're not quite dropping like flies.
Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any of the new hires quit this year.
The weather this summer has been pretty great no doubt about that. I don't think we've even hit 100 degrees once here. Hopefully we'll have a mild winter too.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Volume has been average at best in our hub. Too many people available and management has been asking people for days/nights off.

Total opposite where I work.
Peak volume, drivers being asked to come in early to help with preload, and diad message 3-4 times a week, begging for people to stay & help out local sort.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It is monsoon season here this morning....torrential rain...flash flooding and there's 4 inches of water under the PCs on my line....i hope the packages start floating away next.,..someone go grab two of every animal..

Last edited:
Z

ZQXC

It is monsoon season here this morning....torrential rain...flash flooding and there's 4 inches of water under the PCs on my line....i hope the packages start floating away next.,..someone go grab two of every animal..

Sorry, but there's only one of me. Animalllllll

oldngray

nowhere special

No need to get upset. Its just the new indoor swimming pool.