Christmas in August

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by feeder05, Aug 12, 2014.

1. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

As a feeder driver I get a taste on what is going on in side the HUBS, and it does not look good. Volume is at peak numbers, hubs are under staffed, and when they do keep employees they get hired to go driving. We've been hiring backup feeder positions all year and are still under staffed. What does it look like in your areas. MERRY CHRISTMAS….
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Thought the only way you guys know it's close to Christmas is you turn your AC off.
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Volume has been average at best in our hub. Too many people available and management has been asking people for days/nights off.
  4. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Feels like peak to me, except I am sweating instead of freezing.
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That would depend on where you work.
  6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We don't need your specific hub if you don't want to but general location that this is happening at?

Any new amazon distribution centers or anything like that go up recently?
  7. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Last night I punched out later than I ever have at peak but that is because my center cut too many routes

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. The sky is falling
  9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

My building broke volume records this summer. It's funny I was just checking my pay stub on upsers. I am up about 100 hours from this time last year...
  10. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Just checked, I'm part time and up 40 from the previous year. I will say though that they've hired way more new people than they had by this time last year. Usually they wait so they can hire them on as seasonal employees.
  11. AKCoverMan

AKCoverMan Active Member

Well in 2nd quarter (April, May, June) according to the recent reports we handled about one million packages per day than the same period in the prior year.

That can't be bad..
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere looks like they hired around the same numbers of idiots. The thing saving them is this summer so far and last...August has been pretty mild in terms of temperature. They're not quite dropping like flies.
  13. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any of the new hires quit this year.
    The weather this summer has been pretty great no doubt about that. I don't think we've even hit 100 degrees once here. Hopefully we'll have a mild winter too.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Total opposite where I work.
    Peak volume, drivers being asked to come in early to help with preload, and diad message 3-4 times a week, begging for people to stay & help out local sort.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. bleedinbrown58

It is monsoon season here this morning....torrential rain...flash flooding and there's 4 inches of water under the PCs on my line....i hope the packages start floating away next.,..someone go grab two of every animal..
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  16. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Sorry, but there's only one of me. Animalllllll
  17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

No need to get upset. Its just the new indoor swimming pool.
  18. bleedinbrown58

No i love it! Nice and
  19. bleedinbrown58

Medicare says otherwise! :bigsmile2:Sorry couldn't resist!
  20. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Old teddy bears are the best kind........