Christmas in July- WHY?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wornoutupser, Jul 28, 2011.

1. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

If I hadnt gotten off at a decent time tonight, I would have had to worry about my DOT hours tomorrow. Over 9 1/2 greivances are ignored here and result in massive retaliation against the filing driver.
    When will UPS realize that a tired workforce is not a safe workforce? Accidents are spiking in my division and management doesnt have a clue why!

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Management knows full well why accidents are on the rise; however, their hands are tied as they are merely puppets. Keep filing.

3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Its been heavy here too.......its back to school time. I had fifty hours last week and went into the office with my business agent last Friday. They didn't cut that route out thats next to me this week.

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

122 days till peak!!!!!!!!!

5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I got my first Christmas Catalog..............Lakeside Collection .............in the mail yesterday.

6. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

Atlantic divison has had 4 tier threes in the last 4 days, nothing to do with us driving 55 hours a week or anything like that, just driver error.

7. upsset

upsset Member

Can't wait for Peak so I can get a break from all this o/t

8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Now my Center has had the most accidents in our District for over a year now, ya'll can't beat that! Cut more routes and overload everybody.......it works well.

9. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

QVC packages have Christmas catalogs on them

10. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

The accidents would not have occured if the drivers had been given more acronyms and commentaries to recite..

11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Because we just celebrated Christmas in July!!! Everything on sale! I love QVC!

12. jalnar

jalnar Member

At least there will be two in the truck instead of one with the Christmas loads Summer peak loads last alot longer then the traditional peak loads

13. cosmictrucker

cosmictrucker Trucking is I

Ha ha. I love that one Sober

14. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Here, they have been using helpers all week.Grieving it this morning.

15. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

As much as it pains me on these occasions. I have to agree with UpState.Keep filing and filing and filing.When they harrass, file again.Beat them at their own game, create your own paper trail.Nothing will ever be resolved with one grievance.Not satisfied with grievance process?File labor charges, but only after you have felt that you have exausted the grievance process.They push as far as you let them.

16. YouKnowWhoIam

YouKnowWhoIam Banned

I dont know about you guys and gals,but Im actually looking forward to peak....I'll probably have LESS stops!:knockedout:

17. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

Everybody should sign up for under 9.5. That will force them to add routes.

18. dispatchingtheworld

dispatchingtheworld New Member

This year's peak seems to be coming fast. Our hub is pushing more and more each week. All hail the almighty peak!

19. QKRSTKR

QKRSTKR Active Member

Can't wait, at least then I will have a helper.

20. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

No it wont, in my building they just pay us the grievence money, they dont even fight it anymore just give us the money and plan the over 10's over 11's.
    They dont care they dont want more drivers period. If it means more drivers getting hurt who cares, more accidents who cares, just dont hire anyone to do the routes.