Christmas in July- WHY?

wornoutupser

If I hadnt gotten off at a decent time tonight, I would have had to worry about my DOT hours tomorrow. Over 9 1/2 greivances are ignored here and result in massive retaliation against the filing driver.
When will UPS realize that a tired workforce is not a safe workforce? Accidents are spiking in my division and management doesnt have a clue why!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its been heavy here too.......its back to school time. I had fifty hours last week and went into the office with my business agent last Friday. They didn't cut that route out thats next to me this week.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
If I hadnt gotten off at a decent time tonight, I would have had to worry about my DOT hours tomorrow. Over 9 1/2 greivances are ignored here and result in massive retaliation against the filing driver.
When will UPS realize that a tired workforce is not a safe workforce? Accidents are spiking in my division and management doesnt have a clue why!

Atlantic divison has had 4 tier threes in the last 4 days, nothing to do with us driving 55 hours a week or anything like that, just driver error.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Atlantic divison has had 4 tier threes in the last 4 days, nothing to do with us driving 55 hours a week or anything like that, just driver error.

Now my Center has had the most accidents in our District for over a year now, ya'll can't beat that! Cut more routes and overload everybody.......it works well.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

The accidents would not have occured if the drivers had been given more acronyms and commentaries to recite..

jalnar

At least there will be two in the truck instead of one with the Christmas loads Summer peak loads last alot longer then the traditional peak loads

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If I hadnt gotten off at a decent time tonight, I would have had to worry about my DOT hours tomorrow. Over 9 1/2 greivances are ignored here and result in massive retaliation against the filing driver. When will UPS realize that a tired workforce is not a safe workforce? Accidents are spiking in my division and management doesnt have a clue why!
Management knows full well why accidents are on the rise; however, their hands are tied as they are merely puppets. Keep filing.
As much as it pains me on these occasions. I have to agree with UpState.Keep filing and filing and filing.When they harrass, file again.Beat them at their own game, create your own paper trail.Nothing will ever be resolved with one grievance.Not satisfied with grievance process?File labor charges, but only after you have felt that you have exausted the grievance process.They push as far as you let them.

thessalonian13

Everybody should sign up for under 9.5. That will force them to add routes.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Everybody should sign up for under 9.5. That will force them to add routes.

No it wont, in my building they just pay us the grievence money, they dont even fight it anymore just give us the money and plan the over 10's over 11's.
They dont care they dont want more drivers period. If it means more drivers getting hurt who cares, more accidents who cares, just dont hire anyone to do the routes.