Christmas is here!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had our "pre-Peak" driver's planning meeting this week. They are projecting a 4-5% increase over last year for our center. We have more than enough package cars and hired more drivers than we may need. Give us last year's "winter" and we should be OK.

muthatrucka

You might have to explain ^

Contractors pull our loads and we pull empties and singles except on the heaviest days. It's supposed to make room for us to pull preloads and hub loads back to our original starting point but that never happens. We just cruise around making $$ while contractors do the work for us. It's UPS man, it's not supposed to make sense.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
wpL9Am.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had our "pre-Peak" driver's planning meeting this week. They are projecting a 4-5% increase over last year for our center. We have more than enough package cars and hired more drivers than we may need. Give us last year's "winter" and we should be OK.
If ups is projecting a 4-5% increase it'll probably be 10%

pkgman90

Word in our center is Amazon SurePost is gone.... I'm the DA/SurePost sorter and maybe 5 Amazon SurePost packages all morning that was it all other Amazon was ground is this happening in any other centers?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

This. Our center is stacked with more reg-temp drivers then they know what to do with and I'm not sure why they hired them all in the first place- probably to get preloaders on the cheap. I was told I might not even be driving during peak, which is just great.

a911scanner

56.1 hours this week, not by choice. Drivers being sent home everyday. 1/2 hour late building leave times for 3 months. It's not even Peak yet. I've only been here for over 2 years, coming into my 3rd Peak season. Something doesn't smell right.

Looks like they're planning to have a major failure this season like the year before I started. They better get their poop in a group before the snow & volume really kill them.