Christmas is only 2520 hours away.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
For the record I will not turn in another lead until I see that my $25 is added to my card for having one of my customers ship UPS freight back in June. What a joke.
Yes those sales leads for UPS freight are a joke. There is absolutely no way to track them and when you ask the illustrious BD, you get the I dunno:w00t: syndrome. I have a shipper who says he is saving 2k per month with UPS freight...I put in the lead and got 12 bucks for the effort. For pkgs shipped ground:ohmy:through me, what amount must he be shipping through UPS freight to save 2k???????????
All done BD guys, do not even know all the services within UPS or how top track them, or how to pay us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a company telling me they were suppose to get two motors from UPS NDA and I didnt have them. Not having the time, but being customer oriented, we went to UPS web site, and it did indeed show 2 pkgs out for del. But it wasnt our ptn. It turned out to be ups cartage, nicer uniforms, smaller trucks, and nd freight not by 1030am. I have given the number to BD 3 xs to contact these people to use us, the drivers that do it all, as that is what this consignee wants and BD didnt even know about Cartage even tho we can track it on UPS.com. Now I would think that a BD guy should know how many companies are truly us, even if we dont. Lets get the communication together with all of our subsidaries, give the customer what they want and not some 800 number that says "huh"?????????????????????????

upsgrunt

Peak gets easier every year.

Let me guess; you "enjoy the challenge". Driving is easy, you know 400 routes, most drivers complain sooooooo much, and now peak gets easier every year. Do enjoy a sharp stick in the eye also?

over9five

Staff member
Originally Posted by govols019
I like Peak. They actually put enough cars on the road then.

Govols is right. Peak is now January thru October.

W

westsideworma

Originally Posted by govols019
I like Peak. They actually put enough cars on the road then.

Govols is right. Peak is now January thru October.

have to agree here, even from the loading perspective....you could walk down nearly all the trucks save for the ones that get the big bulk stops (like TJ MAX distribution center...100+ pcs a day on average). The only days it was really heavy were Mondays, but we were brought in early to compensate....imagine that?

Big Babooba

For the record I will not turn in another lead until I see that my $25 is added to my card for having one of my customers ship UPS freight back in June. What a joke.
The sales lead program is a joke. I've had people ask me to get them set up for an account. I submit the lead and it goes off into the Twilight Zone - person called / no answer / lead closed. I point this out to the BD Reps and they tell me that they will look into it. That's as far as it gets. This has happened more than once. I guess Fed Ex needs the business more than we do.