Christmas only 468000 minutes away!

BrownBlue

New Jack
I may catch flak, but I do think sales leads are important for us to be looking for right now. I do totally understand the overworked part, and no time. I also understand that sometimes UPS has put obstacles in the way, like late start times, that affect our service that make it hard to hit up customers, but I'd rather have us fight for the volume, than piss ourselves and let low-wage non-union Fredx contractors take our work away. I know the frustration, had a sure sell, that I tried 4 different times get lost in translation by inside sales. And yes Salesguy is a troll, and his posts offer nothing.:knockedout:

backinbrown

respect my authority
Weird. We aren't allowed to use our diad for sales leads. We have to turn in the sales lead forms.

Dilli ive never seen a sales lead form

i think we should have some cards to hand out to customers, they can fill them out and i will pick up on my next visit

mayby they could have some info on them as to why ups would be best for them

mayby a comment section so they can say why they chose not to us UPS

Salesguy

Sales Member
Somehow I understand your point of view and of course respect your opinion.
However please understand that its not them or they, its we.
Who would grow the business if I would take your 20 stops? Would that mean you do my non paid 15 hour overtime too and my hobby work on sunday? I love to do it, but certainly in times like these we should look forward and help where we can.
Contact or ask for more information about the information that you gave.
Don't wait for months to react, respond after a month. Not here, in your local facility.
Every package counts....YOU make the difference.

Salesguy

Sales Member
Look at salesguy's posting history especially the post about his expensive watch and car. This guy is a TROLL!!!!!!

First of all you make me blush for all your life energy you invested in reading my funny intended reply of 01-03-2007, 07:43 AM.

Secondly I feel I need to make you and others understand that time can be relative and placing this in a bigger picture may scare you, but can make you more understandable of the part you can play, the number of leads you can enter and the estimated time you have to execute your life goals.:peaceful:

P

pickup

First of all you make me blush for all your life energy you invested in reading my funny intended reply of 01-03-2007, 07:43 AM.

Secondly I feel I need to make you and others understand that time can be relative and placing this in a bigger picture may scare you, but can make you more understandable of the part you can play, the number of leads you can enter and the estimated time you have to execute your life goals.:peaceful:

I have no more life goals as time has executed the illusion of achieving any of them. That much being said when are you going to expound on the " There is no I in Team" concept or the other team acronym concept " T.E.A.M. - Together , Everybody, Achieves, More" ?

Salesguy- the motivation speaker that lives in a van by the river.

BigBrownSanta

To be honest, if the company can get me under 9.5 for 6 months, I would be delighted to submit 2 sales leads. In fact I will turn in 1 for each month thereafter for each additional 30 days I am kept under 9.5.

If not, I will continue doing what I do now. Nothing.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Many of times I would submit a sales lead or tell the rep in person where to go & who to see ,just to seal the deal I had already sold,only to find out he never showed.One time I was told customer was to small or I'm only looking for air.Funny how now that times are tough, you really need us now!! Whats the matter,no more golf days on Browns time??? Screw you ,get off your ass and go ride with some one & get your ass in the door!!!!

BrownSuit

The premise behind this is very true, we do need leads to keep our jobs and eventually reduce stops and load, at the same time BD needs to prove that they are able to follow-up on the leads that are provided.

It's a chicken and egg situation right now and it's going to take BD making additional changes regarding the handling of leads.

I'm a little confused Salesguy as to what work you were doing at 2:48 and 4:42 today when you were posting on this site. I'm hoping that you took the day off to post and weren't doing so during the work day.

BrownBlue

New Jack
At the last 2 Sales committee meetings we had, the sales rep. never showed. So , 3 drivers and a sup. sat around drank coffee, and talked about what a loser this guy was. Easiest 43 bucks I've ever made. I agree with so and so above, that BD needs to be going for ride alongs to get leads, instead of acting as cheerleaders to the demoralized drivers.:peaceful:

Salesguy

Sales Member
If you want those trailers to stay full, you might want to reconsider.
As I said before,don't wait ask your sup for feedback, don't take no for an answer.
You are our eyes on the road, not only 1 day....every day, your salesrep should know.
Building a brdge that leads to succes can only stand when the pillers (bd/drivers) are stable and in sync. We all need to open our eyes and keep an open mind on business oppertunities, maybe not for that salesguy, but in the spirit of our founder who once during a conference in a hotel stoped when he saw competitor packages at the reception desk....you are more than just a driver...you are a triple A service provider of the best package company in the world..Spread the word..

If you want those trailers to stay full, you might want to reconsider.
As I said before,don't wait ask your sup for feedback, don't take no for an answer.
You are our eyes on the road, not only 1 day....every day, your salesrep should know.
Building a brdge that leads to succes can only stand when the pillers (bd/drivers) are stable and in sync. We all need to open our eyes and keep an open mind on business oppertunities, maybe not for that salesguy, but in the spirit of our founder who once during a conference in a hotel stoped when he saw competitor packages at the reception desk....you are more than just a driver...you are a triple A service provider of the best package company in the world..Spread the word..
Question, Salesguy. Are you preaching this to your comrades?

poozer2000

salesguy, please give it a rest ive had a hard day cover driving i have had the sales team at pcm this morning ive had txts come through on the diad "don't forget your sales lead today !!!" i come on here to see whats going down across the pond and your preaching sales leads.... please please quiet now !

P

pickup

Hey salesguy, can you meet us in the chatroom tonight. We are going to be discussing "synergy" and tony robbins was going to be the keynote speaker, but you sound more delusional than he does, so you would be the more entertaining option