Christmas Party

DRAisawesome

It's amazing talking to people this morning and absolutely no one gives a rats about their packages. Many are just coming in at a certain time and the party is on. Can't wait to polish off some adult bevies myself. Merry Christmas everyone. FedEx really messed this one up this year and employees are seeing the light.

!Retired!

1 manager said he hasn't seen a Christmas this busy in 10 years. Same story as every year though....lots of stops, not enough couriers/time to deliver it all. I had 200+ stops yesterday. IF we had left at regular time (8:30 or so), I might have had a shot. We left 11:15, do the math...I had 55 DEX 01's.

fedupforsure

our sort lasted 6 hours and some routs had over 300 stops on them and this was with all of us working and a lot full of rentals. there is no way anybody could of planned for this kind of volume.

Rhoderunner

Yes you can plan for it. Rule 1....Don't accept loads from the A-hole companies that don't even bother with us the rest of the year. How many Macys or Harry Davids or Smithsonian Store packages did you see BEFORE the last 10 days. Learn to say no FedEx.

CJinx

Yes you can plan for it. Rule 1....Don't accept loads from the A-hole companies that don't even bother with us the rest of the year. How many Macys or Harry Davids or Smithsonian Store packages did you see BEFORE the last 10 days. Learn to say no FedEx.
I see Macys and Harry&David year round, albeit much, much more during peak.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Peak is always busy. FedEx failed this year because they didn't have a real plan. It's kind of like having a football team where your QB is home calling-in plays from the mansion, and all of the coaches are smoking crack. IF they had hired temps, runners, and prepared for the worst case scenario, we would have been OK. UPS did this, and even though they had problems in DFW and some undelivered packages, they handled it like professionals. Our "leaders" were too cheap to do it right, and look where it got them. I've been predicting this abortion for 2 months because I knew they were not being proactive. Sometimes you have to spend money to make it, or to do it right. Having a laser beam focus on cutting costs was extremely short-sighted. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch....I can hardly wait to hear the excuses.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Peak is always busy. FedEx failed this year because they didn't have a real plan. It's kind of like having a football team where your QB is home calling-in plays from the mansion, and all of the coaches are smoking crack.
Perfect analogy. Very well said.

I'm sure Thornton is blaming the couriers and their damn Friday pace.