Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Exhausting

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Hellish

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Nat

Hi all,

I've just started as a Christmas temp driver for UPS and I'm told it is a crazy time of year...Can anyone tell me funny stories or give me tips on how to cope with it?

Box Ox

As a first year temp, things will get pretty crazy. Just not for you, most likely. Management probably isn't going to give you a very heavy dispatch. They'd rather pile onto the permanent FTers than have missed stops bouncing into the next day.

Where I am, temps typically cover the businesses while FT perms cover the exploding residential volume.

I worked as a preloader and utility driver in the Seattle area 25 years ago and just got on as a peak driver. Seeing as I was able to deliver 40+ residential stops/hr back then, is there any chance I'll get a package car and an overload route as opposed to a Hertz rental and 200 mall packages?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I worked as a preloader and utility driver in the Seattle area 25 years ago and just got on as a peak driver. Seeing as I was able to deliver 40+ residential stops/hr back then, is there any chance I'll get a package car and an overload route as opposed to a Hertz rental and 200 mall packages?

Work as directed.

You should be able to do 100 stops per hour with all of the new technology

And, as an experienced driver, will they give me an overflow route and a regular package car? Or will I likely be stuck with a Ryder rental and 400 mall packages?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
And, as an experienced driver, will they give me an overflow route and a regular package car? Or will I likely be stuck with a Ryder rental and 400 mall packages?
25 years ago you might have been an experienced driver but you have no clue how the new UPS is. You will be in for a real shocker. You would lucky to have a rental truck. It has a radio, nice ass warming heat, and a 12v lighter plug. As for your questions who knows, it's up to your center what their needs are.