Christmas Time Preload - Whats it Like?

J

jibbs

Optimistic would be thinking that it would be a tad warmer than 25 degrees in the building during the middle of December.

Optimistic would be thinking that there'd be water available because the pipes probably won't freeze.

Optimistic would be thinking that maybe today I'd get like a 6 hour day instead of a 9- or 10-hour one in 25 degrees with no water.

I'm not really all that optimistic. Sets you up for disappointment. Pessimism, though? That :censored2: leaves you prepared and sets you up to feel relieved. I like relief.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ive never been at UPS during the peak of Christmas time. Any older UPSers who have been through the system have any tips about preloading feel free to answer.
13334989-Wood-Chipper-Machine-Filling-Back-Of-Truck-With-wood-chips-Stock-Photo.jpg

Get me a steward

Whatever speed you load at during the rest of the year... load that way during peak and everything will be fine besides the increase in hours.
Generally they have a paper you have to turn in and get signed for driver helper or a list

DriverMD

Doing the driver helper on top of the preload is a killer. Waking up at 12:00 am for work, loading till 9 ish. Showering, then meeting the driver at 10:30 and helping til 5 ish when I had to tap out (which he understood). Its tough as hell. I lived off Monster energy and Orange chicken and lost nearly 25 pounds.

jbg77

Ive never been at UPS during the peak of Christmas time. Any older UPSers who have been through the system have any tips about preloading feel free to answer.
Not as bad as the summer in my opinion. You have double the volume, more loaders, and more routes open. The hours do suck though...12:30 start time.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
We had a lot of weather delays a couple years ago, would rather that not happen again, and you are wishing for it.
I believe Austin.Was.My.Hero was the one wishing for snow. PT car washer is talking about making the best of a situation out of his control.