Christmas tips?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Received my first Christmas tip yesterday. I was making a delivery at a residential stop. I DR'd the package and was making my way back to the car when the homeowner came out and handed me a card. $20 tip. This was totally unexpected and greatly appreciated. I sent him a thank you card this morning.

The one thing that I make sure to do is to provide the same level of service to all customers whether they tip or not; however, I am human and will go above and beyond for those who do. Take care of me and I will take care of you. Treat me indifferently and you will get the level of service that I am required to provide.

upschuck

Received my first Christmas tip yesterday. I was making a delivery at a residential stop. I DR'd the package and was making my way back to the car when the homeowner came out and handed me a card. $20 tip. This was totally unexpected and greatly appreciated. I sent him a thank you card this morning.

The one thing that I make sure to do is to provide the same level of service to all customers whether they tip or not; however, I am human and will go above and beyond for those who do. Take care of me and I will take care of you. Treat me indifferently and you will get the level of service that I am required to provide.

Or like a stupid truck driver.....

didyousheetit

If you see someone get out of a UPS truck and a person carrying a package is walking up to your home, don't wait to get your large posterior off the couch until after I ring the bell.
I love it when they try to open door as you are on their porch and they think I'm going to wait for them.

oldngray

nowhere special
d3b54b7f6f398f8ff9cdf7b0b129a7ee.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I absolutely have to bite my tongue, when people watch me walk up to the door, may even be standing at the door, and then they disappear, and it is usually when I need a sig. I want to slap them.

JakeD

Don't put a spot light pointing at your front door in the walkway. So when i turn around to walk back i'm blinded and then trip over said light. (ya that happened tonight.. pretty sure the bulb doesn't work anymore)

upschuck

Don't put a spot light pointing at your front door in the walkway. So when i turn around to walk back i'm blinded and then trip over said light. (ya that happened tonight.. pretty sure the bulb doesn't work anymore)

I've done that . oops