Christmas turkeys

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Pimpedoutatjgx, Jan 4, 2014.

1. So....did anyone at their station get turkeys handed out by their sm?
  2. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

No, we all got roaster chickens that were sitting in a rental cube truck all day when it was 60 degrees out.
  3. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

No turkeys, but the office staff was treated to a catered lunch courtesy of the SM.
  4. Was just wondering if that was happening everywhere or just our station. In all my years there they have never handed out free food for emp families during the holidays. I figure if it's just us then it may be because they plan on shutting down our huge sta by next summer.
  5. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

All the Turkeys are still in Memphis...
  6. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Turkeys for Thanksgiving, but not Christmas. But, from the 16th to the 24th, we got breakfast every morning. The Saturday before Christmas, we got Chik-Filet. Was a really nice spread.
  7. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Nothing like that here. We figure if there was a budget for any food, the SM found a way to spend it on himself or is using it to pad the stations budget.
  8. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Nothing our way
  9. DRAisawesome

DRAisawesome Active Member

The only thing we got was late freight.

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

We got a sign up sheet for Christmas.
  11. starglacier

starglacier Member

We got turkey's river district. I had to pinch myself I thought I
    Was dreaming.
  12. musicfrk2002

musicfrk2002 New Member

we got turkeys...handed to us BEFORE starting our shift...good thing it was about 10 degrees outside so they stayed frozen
  13. Dex01

Dex01 Banned

One year management passed out ground meat from a destroy shipment as part of our holiday bonus. That was a classic moment in the dubious lore of the station. I couldn't :censored2:ing believe it when I opened the bag, and saw the meat that was destined for the trash some months before. Absolutely classic!
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Doc Sorting Dude

Doc Sorting Dude Active Member

That was the name of our SM. She's new and things did not go smooth. Part of the reason was many managers who knew how to run the station either retired or got out somehow.
  15. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I'm surprised they didn't save it for a BBQ. We had a similar situation a while back when our SM had a "surprise BBQ" to help boost morale and teamwork. Yep, that meat was also from a package that was a "destroy shipment".
  16. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

I refuse to attend any and all station BBQ's. The food tastes like crap anyway.
  17. haha...reminds me of when our SM handed out these mini flashlites saying it was a thank you/appreciation gesture when, in fact, it was a destroy shipment. Trifling.