Christmas Village

upsmanclt

Has anyone ever had their route moved to a 'Christmas Village' during Christmas peak? There is talk but no plan provided to the local, yet, of moving several routes from several centers to a Christmas Village in CLT.

Mr Shifter

There is talk of this happening at our hub for this peak. There is a temporary village built in the employee parking lot. They want to erect one out 15 mins away for this peak

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They are moving about a dozen or so routes to my Hub this November. We have no room for them and our Preload can't handle what we have now. No extra supervisors will come with this move and we are currently short of drivers.Great planning as always.

Every time I walk out the gate at night and see some fresh meat waiting at the gate for the Part Time Hub tour from HR, I ask them if they know how to drive a stick.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They are moving about a dozen or so routes to my Hub this November. We have no room for them and our Preload can't handle what we have now. No extra supervisors will come with this move and we are currently short of drivers.Great planning as always.

Every time I walk out the gate at night and see some fresh meat waiting at the gate for the Part Time Hub tour from HR, I ask them if they know how to drive a stick.
Multiple vehicle break downs this week yet they keeping sending us out in 500k mile 20+ year old dinosaurs.

ManInBrown

Multiple vehicle break downs this week yet they keeping sending us out in 500k mile 20+ year old dinosaurs.
That's awful. From what I can see we have basically retired all our no power steering package cars within the last year or so. Two or 3 years ago before I got my bid route I was routinely sent out in 10 cube high step no power steering split cars. I don't see any of them any more. I didn't even see any on the line during last peak.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
My building has been an absolute nightmare the last three peaks. We run 3 MDU's out the side of our building year round sometimes deploying two more for really heavy weeks. This is outside of the hellacious peaks we've had. Their solution, rent part of a building right next door for 60 of our routes and 60 routes from a building about 15 miles away. We've all asked how on earth will they process so much volume through our already overwhelmed pre-load sort. Typical UPS fashion they simply respond "we will be fine". Righhhhht!!!
Currently we barely have enough parking spots in the employee parking lot for our cars let alone 100 more spaces needed for just what's coming over from the other building. Our only joy is knowing that we will all have front row seats to this debacle.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
upload_2016-7-10_8-20-7.jpeg

Elect Hillary and all will be fine.

upsmanclt

How far does the move have to be to be considered a change in operations? The Christmas village being set up in Charlotte will include routes from another city 15 miles away. About 5 routes will be moved and may or may not be permanently moved. Has anyone been affected by a change in operations, may have been a better question to ask.

Can you get your picture taken with Santa at the Christmas Villages ????

I am Santa.

I am all for an erection.

Call me.

Indecisi0n

How far does the move have to be to be considered a change in operations? The Christmas village being set up in Charlotte will include routes from another city 15 miles away. About 5 routes will be moved and may or may not be permanently moved. Has anyone been affected by a change in operations, may have been a better question to ask.

I am Santa.

Call me.
How big is your sac?