Christmas wish list 2009 !!

Bad Gas!

1)...Put the old time allowances in pkg car routes. That way more routes would be on the road. Drivers would actually look good on paper and less harassed.
2) Get rid of the term 9-5..Just do the work your have and help your neighbor route if light..If one goes late, we all go late..
3) Injuries..Have a plan if you have legitimate job injuries where you aren't condemned by all the perfect managers.
4) Get rid of cover driver label..If you drive for longer than 30 days and don't screw up, you have seniority. I have never seen drivers get thrown under the bus more than cover drivers so mgt can work around pay scales...Do things right..

Last edited:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
1. Be happy you never drove a friend Model Mack!
I have, around the yard. Yes, it was tight.
2. Most hubs started out with enough room in the yard, unfortunately enough land was never bought for future expansion.
I understand. But UPS has a butt load of money, and I am only talking about 5 acres.
3. If you're pulling the last center loads you are always there till the end of the sort. Bid a different start time if there are any.
I visit the same hub twice. On my 1st trip, the loads are never ready, which crimps my nap time when I get back to the center. I have a tight time allowance on the second, so I have to leave to head back on time. And my second set of loads are always ready. I am 3rd out of 3 feeder drivers at my center, and least senor with 27 years.
4. When I started in feeders I made more money that my brother who was a CPA. Most mileage drivers that I know make a million $$$ in 11 years now.
I just think with the extra training and skills that a feeder driver has, that it should mean more than a measley 60 cents(if you haul doubles) than a PC driver. The real money is the overtime that we get, and that the PC drivers don't get.
5. You devil you!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
[
squigsfarkus.jpg

What I want for Christmas is an autograph picture of UPS Socks
"Socks Farkus staring out at us with his yellow eyes. He had yellow eyes so, help me, God ! Yellow eyes!
squigsfarkus.jpg