1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional
)
Directions:
1.In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2014 Allrecipes.comPrinted from Allrecipes.com 5/3/2014

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867). A relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. Cinco de Mayo traditions include parades, mariachi music performances and street festivals in cities and towns across Mexico and the United States.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The bulk of the avacadoes used over the cinco de mayo celebrations are from CA.....probably the Fallbrook area.

Last edited by a moderator:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A3p53vaCEAE96Rb.jpg
CINCO DE MAYO from all us MEXICANS lol

ups1990

Remember you aren't allowed to fly US flags tomorrow because you would be provoking Mexicans if you did.
To me this day is celebrated more by Americans than those of Mexican descent. People have no clue as to why they celebrate it! Do we promote or celebrate a particular holiday from Canada or Japan or England? I heard a radio commercial from On The Border restaurant here in So Cal and it had people making comments in a Spanish accent. I've never heard of one where people were making funny accents in a Chinese language promoting Chinese New Year.
I hate it too when I see Mexican flags flying in front of people's homes but it seems like WE are the ones promoting and celebrating a Mexican holiday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
To me this day is celebrated more by Americans than those of Mexican descent. People have no clue as to why they celebrate it! Do we promote or celebrate a particular holiday from Canada or Japan or England? I heard a radio commercial from On The Border restaurant here in So Cal and it had people making comments in a Spanish accent. I've never heard of one where people were making funny accents in a Chinese language promoting Chinese New Year.
I hate it too when I see Mexican flags flying in front of people's homes but it seems like WE are the ones promoting and celebrating a Mexican holiday.
Are you kidding....we might slaughter it, but for Chinese New Year we go around saying, ""Kung Hei Fat Choy" and we eat Chinese food from Panda Express.

The Cinco de Mayo for us is all about the food.........I like Mexican food. I could care less about defeating the French back in the day. To me, a teddy bear can defeat the French........they are weak!! There are no Mex. flags flying in our neighborhood. There are small flags in Mex. food displays in the store.

We don't do Canada because no one understands poutine !!

For England, don't they do boxing day (day after Xmas). We celebrate all the sales the day after Xmas. It's an event for both countries.

oldngray

nowhere special
Students at the University of California, Davis, have cancelled plans for a drinking party dubbed Cinco de Drinko, after protesters called it racially insensitive

It sounds to me like its just a stupid frat party. Little meaning other than an excuse to get drunk. Political correctness strikes again.

oldngray

nowhere special
Students in a California school district will not be allowed to wear American flag T-shirts on Cinco de Mayo, due to concerns that such displays of patriotism would inflame racial tensions by offending Mexican students on their holiday.
http://www.thepiratescove.us/

moreluck

golden ticket member
Students in a California school district will not be allowed to wear American flag T-shirts on Cinco de Mayo, due to concerns that such displays of patriotism would inflame racial tensions by offending Mexican students on their holiday.
http://www.thepiratescove.us/
But they are allowed to wear Christmas sweatshirts all through hannukah and kwanza ??? Is there any consistency ever ??