Circle of Honor Gift?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is from upsers:

The Circle of Honor is the highest level of driving recognition. It honors those drivers who have demonstrated their professional driving skills by achieving 25 years of safe driving with a shirtsleeve uniform patch and the Circle of Honor jacket.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is from upsers:

The Circle of Honor is the highest level of driving recognition. It honors those drivers who have demonstrated their professional driving skills by achieving 25 years of safe driving with a shirtsleeve uniform patch and the Circle of Honor jacket.
Didn't know they still gave you a jacket. I thought they had to use them to wrap the turkeys in.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I think I got into the Circle of Honor in about 2005. At that time we were given a century21-looking jacket, when we still had the banquets. Several years after that, they stopped the banquets. The drivers after that didn't want the yellow jacket and they started making leather jackets available. About 2009 I asked the center manager if I could turn my yellow jacket in for a leather one since we would never wear the old one. Well, he told me he'd look into it for me. That was 6 years ago, and he's still looking into it for me. lol

box_beeyotch

Random question out of sheer curiosity, has anyone here ever known a Circle of Honor driver who had an accident or injury after becoming a Circle of Honor member?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
No gift, no dinner, no night in Louisville, no gold jacket. You do get a patch for your shirts though. Wooohoooo.

Surely, you haven't forgotten, the ink expenditure from Atlanta's mail room color copiers for the certificate.

You should also probably be cognizant of the trees that, gave their lives to provide the corrugated cardboard backing for those certificates.

Ole Jim Casey sure would be proud...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Random question out of sheer curiosity, has anyone here ever known a Circle of Honor driver who had an accident or injury after becoming a Circle of Honor member?
Yeah, it happens from time to time. I retired with 34 years SD. I really wanted to get to 35, mainly because its so rare. My body let me down, tho.