Circle of Honor Gift?

rod

Retired 22 years
Who ever came up with those orangeish/yellowish looking Century 21 jackets must have been the gayest person on Earth. No one in the history of the Circle of Honor program has ever worn their jacket a second time. Mine is still gathering dust in some closet where it was hung up 20 years ago. I would throw it away but it isn't worth the effort to dig it out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm supposed to finally earn the Circle of Honor on April 15, I took this week off to increase my odds! Maybe they will remember to mention it in the PCM and have some donuts or something.

theslinger

Has anyone ever heard of somebody attaining the Circle of Honor and actually turn down the hoopla or lack thereof that comes with it? Some of the feeder drivers in my building look like they hate just about everybody and could care less if they got the recognition or not.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's sort of a goal of mine to achieve the C.O.H. Six years in delivery with no accidents, and now into feeders.

Every time someone makes it, they want an interview where the driver acknowledges the benefit of UPS' methods as for why they were safe. I'm imagining my "acceptance speech" now. "I'm not safe and accident free because of UPS' methods, it's because I'm a better driver than everybody else"

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Random question out of sheer curiosity, has anyone here ever known a Circle of Honor driver who had an accident or injury after becoming a Circle of Honor member?
Every Circle of Honor driver I know has at least a few dings and scratches, they just managed to keep it on the down low or got it swept under the rug by their management team. Had one Circle of Honor driver tell me that it really oughta be called Circle of Liars.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Every Circle of Honor driver I know has at least a few dings and scratches, they just managed to keep it on the down low or got it swept under the rug by their management team. Had one Circle of Honor driver tell me that it really oughta be called Circle of Liars.
Very true.

A 2 year safe driver scratches a truck...accident.

A 26 year safe driver scratches a truck...incident.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
FYI. When you have 20 years of safe driving and have an accident, it doesn't go back to zero. UPS is mis-leading the general public (imagine that).

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
FYI. When you have 20 years of safe driving and have an accident, it doesn't go back to zero. UPS is mis-leading the general public (imagine that).
Correct. It is 20 years without an accident. Not necessarily 20 consecutive years.

If you have an accident within the first 5 years, you start from scratch. Once you get 5, you can never have less than 5.

If you have, let's say, 20 and a half years safe driving and you have an accident, you still have your 20 and need to go 1 year from the date of the accident and you will then have 21.

To say someone has 20 years of safe driving, people would think that he drove the past 20 years without an accident. Not necessarily.

He could have had an accident yesterday but UPS will still say he has 20 years of safe driving.

He did drive 20 years without an accident during those 20, but he may have had a total of 30 years driving.

He actually could have had 10 accidents, but the public thinks this guy is very safe because he has 20 years of safe driving.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Do scratches from tree branches count? Lol
I worked with a driver who delivered to a very upper class neighborhood. He walked by a plant and broke a limb off of it. The owner called in a complaint, and claimed the driver damaged his plant and it would surely die. When the driver got in that day, the center manager pulled him into the office and was told if the plant died, and UPS had to buy this guy a new plant, he would be charged with an accident. Could the center manager get away with that. Probably not. True story.

Boulevard859710

I worked with a driver who delivered to a very upper class neighborhood. He walked by a plant and broke a limb off of it. The owner called in a complaint, and claimed the driver damaged his plant and it would surely die. When the driver got in that day, the center manager pulled him into the office and was told if the plant died, and UPS had to buy this guy a new plant, he would be charged with an accident. Could the center manager get away with that. Probably not. True story.
Wow SMH