City of Memphis ranking 3rd emptiest in nation.

DontThrowPackages

"Memphis' proportion of vacant homes, both owned and rentals, puts it third overall, thanks to an average rental vacancy rate of 15 percent that is the fifth highest in the nation and the 3.1 percent homeowner vacancy rate that ranks 13th."
Wonder what the ranking will be after October?

AB831

Don’t people know that there’s a world hub close by where they can chuck packages for Fat Freddy for low pay, poor benefits, and terrible hours? Surprised the place isn’t growing like Dubai.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don’t people know that there’s a world hub close by where they can chuck packages for Fat Freddy for low pay, poor benefits, and terrible hours? Surprised the place isn’t growing like Dubai.
Does Yolanda work there?

rod

Retired 22 years
Visited relatives who lived in Memphis a few years ago. We were camped at a campground a few miles out of the city limits. We were having a good time visiting them at their house when all of a sudden my Nephew says "well you better get going back to your campground because it isn't safe to be on the roads around here after dark". No way in hell would I want to live like that.

Serf

Ask a Tennessean where they are from. Proud decent folk day EAST, TN. Haha. All kidding aside I heard Memphis is just ehhhhh.

Wally

Visited relatives who lived in Memphis a few years ago. We were camped at a campground a few miles out of the city limits. We were having a good time visiting them at their house when all of a sudden my Nephew says "well you better get going back to your campground because it isn't safe to be on the roads around here after dark". No way in hell would I want to live like that.
Did you visit Graceland?

rod

Retired 22 years
Did you visit Graceland?
Nope---My brother had visited it and told us ALL about it including the fact that once you pay admission to get in you also have to pay EXTRA to see anything special. Like his plane and some of the rooms- -etc. I was never a big Elvis fan. Elvis was for the women folk.

Wally

Nope---My brother had visited it and told us ALL about it including the fact that once you pay admission to get in you also have to pay EXTRA to see anything special. Like his plane and some of the rooms- -etc. I was never a big Elvis fan. Elvis was for the women folk.
For sure you went and visited Sun Studio right?

rod

Retired 22 years
For sure you went and visited Sun Studio right?
Should have but we were just there for overnight on the way back from a trip following the Mississippi river south.. It was just one of those "oh we are close so let's stop in and visit so and so" things my wife like to pull.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Memphis has always been a dump. The first time I ever went there in the 80s I saw 5 stripped cars on blocks on the way to my hotel. But they do have a fabulous attraction called Mud Island which makes Disneyland look like nothing.

MassWineGuy

Memphis is also ranked statistically as the no. one most dangerous city in the country. Maybe it’s just that the population is dwindling because of crime.