City vs.Town Routes - A General Disparity in Time Allowance?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I guess this way the problem is put on the back burner. Looks like they need to go do the area study as it is compounding the problem. Seems like our country routes have less allowance than the city routes, but the drivers on the country routes work considerably more hours. I think UPS would be more profitable if there was no bonus paid, and it would be easier to dispatch us drivers.
Well it was a combination of a few things. For one the area was new, the time study should have been fine. Second is that driver is just slow. I'm not someone who sits and says drivers are slow and lazy. But you could put the next slowest guy on that route and he would scratch or bonus it. This guy, is 2 hours over everyday, no matter what. Fantastic guy, I mean he treats my guys like royalty. But he just doesn't care.

The problem with the country routes, especially if they are satellite is the load time. I was talking about it in Nothingness fluff the other day, but the time allowances are pretty poor. The DT load and unload time end up being almost nothing. The guys get 5 minutes on a 120 piece day to unload the TP60 and load the PC. It's pretty pathetic.