Civilian National Security Force

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Maybe FDR...internment of citizens of the US whose only crime was being of Japanese descent?
That was a great injustice, but I don't think it qualifies as a terrorist attack, at least not according to most definitions that I've read.

chev said:
Guess they conveniently forgot that tid bit of Dim history
When I learned about this incident in High School (lo these many years gone by...), it was in a class called American history :rolleyes:

diesel96

Newflash back at ya.... Bush's "lies" came directly from the "intelligence" from the CIA and FBI that Bill Clinton's bunch put together. Bush had not been in office long enough to develop a flow if intelligence to use to any degree. The only alternative Commander-in-Chief you could even consider on this dream play of your's would be.......Al Gore. You are right about one thing, Gore would not have gone into Iraq....but then he wouldn't have even started looking for Bin Laden. He would have been too busy apologizing to the muslims for pissing them off.

You'll use just about any excuse to cover for Bush and his team, and attempt to turn every black eye our country suffered since 2000 on Bill Clinton.
Inability to accept responsibility oozes from the top of Bush and his friends he appointed to surrounded himself in his cabinet. Problem lies with all those neo-con bozoo's think alike with no contridicating thought, if offered, you were left out to dry.
At least the Obama Cabinet has some diversity among it's staff and should, IMO carry out US policy well thought out and thouroughly debated and tested.
How cunning of you to promote the Republican mythology as far as Democrats and Al Gore as an apologist wimp. Lets not forget who fought in Vietnam and which standing President chickened out, yep, typical of most Republican politicians excluding Mcclain.

Now it turns out that this idea was not O's, he borrowed it.
From Gates.

Well if he borrowed it from Gates who worked for Bush...then it must be OK....right Baba ?

:wink2: Very good Hoax. I see you got no response. Hmmmm. Very curious. Guess they conveniently forgot that tid bit of Dim history. :whiteflag:

Wow.....And Rev Wright was called anti-American for pointing that travesty out......Does that make Hoax on par with the Reverend? Not in my opinion, but some out there in conservative-land like to label selectively.
I agree with Jones, it was a great injustice but not much different from the whack job injustice started by McCarthy and his witchhunt for so called communist and all the lives he effected.

wkmac

That was a great injustice, but I don't think it qualifies as a terrorist attack, at least not according to most definitions that I've read.

When I learned about this incident in High School (lo these many years gone by...), it was in a class called American history :rolleyes:

To quote Woodrow Wilson in what became the spearpoint known as "Hard Wilsonianism" (a belief proudly proclaimed by one Max Boot, look him up) and the backbone of the Wilson doctrine of Global Democracy. This idea was as much formulated in April 1907' in a series of lectures at Columbia University. Wilson stated the following:

"Since trade ignores national boundaries and the manufacturer insists on having the world as a market, the flag of his nation must follow him, and the doors of the nations which are closed must be battered down…Concessions obtained by financiers must be safeguarded by ministers of state, even if the sovereignty of unwilling nations be outraged in the process. Colonies must be obtained or planted, in order that no useful corner of the world may be overlooked or left unused".

Now that said and speaking of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, one can't help but remember another part of American History that in early 1941' FDR ordered the embargo of Japan which froze Japanese assets and blocked oil from getting to the Japanese homeland. This action was being carried out by the naval fleet stationed at Pearl Harbor and just where was it that Japan attacked?

Intervention has actions and of course re-actions or what some call unintended consequences. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and for them the unintended consequences was 2 nukes and 100'sK dead as well as, call it what it is, prison of 1000's of otherwise innocent people on the US mainland.

When Timothy McVeigh bombed OKC Federal building, using WW2 Japanese and even WW1 US actions against anti-war citizen voices, following precedense, would the correct thing have been to lock up all white males of former military status as a preventative of further terrorist attacks and protect society as a whole? Nutty Extreme? Oh yes but were those Japanese any less innocent that these white males I spoke of?

How far to we go to satisfy what in reality is unneccessary irrational fear?

BTW: The US military Brigade assigned to domestic duty has now been upped to 20k men which I believe is near equal to 2 divisons and of course the democrat Congress gave it's blessing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/30/AR2008113002217_pf.html

Looking at Obama's announcement to his crew yesterday, it seems not much will change either. And when you see the likes of Max Boot, Bill Kristol and Newt Gingrich shaking pom-poms and cheering, you begin to realize as I said all along that Obama's 1st term will look like Bush's 3rd term.

You democrats are really starting to peg the hypocrisy meter for sure!

:rofl:

BTW: Jones, the above was not aimed at you but using what you said as a launch point for one of my famous idiotic rants. Thought I'd go ahead and admit to the crime and beat Tie to the punch and save him some time making needless posts! It's peak and we need to save our management's strength for the long hours ahead.
:happy-very:

Ran across this yesterday and found it interesting. Not that you'll completely agree but thought you might find it of interest anyway.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory175.html

If anything, it'll stir the fish for sure!
:happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just where will all these troops be housed ?
Seeing how so many bases have been closed in recent years, would new ones be needed, or will they be mixed in with the general population ?