Clarification

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

What takes precedence the national or your supplement? In our supplement, three consecutive over 9.5 days allows for a grievance. I didn't see any criteria that needed to be met other than the three straight days.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What takes precedence the national or your supplement? In our supplement, three consecutive over 9.5 days allows for a grievance. I didn't see any criteria that needed to be met other than the three straight days.
The supplements override the master and take precedent except in the few cases where the master specifically states that these sections supercede any local supplements, riders or addendums.

An example. Article 37 of the Master

The provisions of this Section 1(c) shall supercede any language

on “9.5” in the Central Region Supplement.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Article 2 Section 2 of the National Master

Section 2. Riders

Present Supplements, Riders and Addenda shall remain in effect.
Any new Supplement, Rider or Addendum, or changes to
Supplements, Riders or Addenda or in the contract affiliation of any
Local Union covered by this Agreement must be submitted to the
Joint National Negotiating Committee for review and approval.
Failure to be approved by the Committee shall render said
Supplement, Rider or Addendum null and void.

Any lesser conditions contained in any Supplement, Rider or
Addendum shall be superseded by the conditions contained in this
Master Agreement. However, except where specifically stated otherwise
in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement
shall deprive any employee of any superior benefit contained in
their Supplement, Rider or Addendum

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

The supplements override the master and take precedent except in the few cases where the master specifically states that these sections supercede any local supplements, riders or addendums.

So it doesn't supercede the Atlantic supplement just the Central Region Supplement?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

That sounds like familiar advice.

ARTICLE 37

"The provisions of this Section 1(c) shall supersede any language on “9.5” in the Central Region Supplement."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can file anytime you want. Doesn't mean you will win.

if there's a foot of snow on the ground you're probably not going to have much luck with that greivance.

By The Book

So it doesn't supercede the Atlantic supplement just the Central Region Supplement?
You get the better of the two unless one has language that supersedes the other. Some supplements say if you work 3 over 9.5 days in a week you qualify but they don't have to be consecutive.