Classic Fedex

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
therefore multiple OLCC's mean very little now and probably forever.
I doubt that. My old manager already mentioned them talking about 3 OLCC's eventually equaling one warning letter. Three warning letters in a year equals termination. We shall see what happens. I sure am not banking on them NEVER changing the policy.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I know what OLCC stands for. I just commented it's just a warning. Unlike letters, where 3 can get you fired. You can have 100 (exaggerated a bit) OLCC's and not be fired.
MY point was that it's also an equal opportunity for a commendation, but RARELY is it used for that purpose. Shows me that management only knows how to manage by intimidation. And that's the whale sh1t on the bottom of the ocean.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MY point was that it's also an equal opportunity for a commendation, but RARELY is it used for that purpose. Shows me that management only knows how to manage by intimidation. And that's the whale sh1t on the bottom of the ocean.

You are correct, SIR!! I still believe that 3 OLCCs for any reason = a letter. How many times do you see a positive OLCC in comparison to a negative one? And when it comes time to review your career when they're trying to fire you and "take your history with the company into consideration" , don't you think OLCCs count?

Dano needs a bigger shovel for the whale feces he creates.

Express Courier

I could have gone without the visual of whales :censored2:ting lol.

I've gotten more than 3 olcc's in the past year and I did not get a letter. I did get a positive one recently though.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I once had a guy call and complain the he couldn't find a package I left at his front door. I told him where I left it and described his home. He was already mad. He got really mad when I described his landscaping as a mess. He started calling me a thief and a liar so I passed the phone back to the CSA before I lost my cool. I drove up to the house to make sure it was the one I thought it was and drove back to the office. When I got back the CSA told me the man's wife had called to say she had taken the package inside the house the day I left it at the front door. Did I get an apology from her husband? No.

i had something similar happened to me... this was on a mansion that the dumb customer don't want to mark his mailbox or house with numbers. Customer Dispute/ Non-delivery complaint a week after delivery. I told the management that it was a mansion with a horseshoe driveway from the street & a 3 tiered fountain in the middle. white envelope on the FD P on welcome mat. Google street view is accurate. told management to ask customer to check their surveillance cameras for me putting it there on that day. turns out the same way that happened to you.

good thing I usually keep my printed delivery manifests for a month in a shoebox, then toss them in the recycling bucket. i cant remember what i delivered a week back, so i jot down everything (like doing homework) about my delivery day every night. i loathe driver followups when it comes to these

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
good thing I usually keep my printed delivery manifests for a month in a shoebox, then toss them in the recycling bucket. i cant remember what i delivered a week back, so i jot down everything (like doing homework) about my delivery day every night.
If that's what gives you peace of mind, but to me it sounds too much like taking your work home with you.

!Retired!

I still believe that 3 OLCCs for any reason = a letter. How many times do you see a positive OLCC in comparison to a negative one?
Pretty sure it's 3 for the same reason. I'll ask my manager today. Either way, if the OLCC's are deserved, then 9 in one year IS a problem. While I may not have more positive one's than negative, it's not by much.

bacha29

Why would it change? Fedex about to triple the compensation and end up with lines around the corner of qualified driver chomping at the bit to drive for Fred?
Go easy on bbsam. he just returned from the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy. It will take him a few weeks to get back to the real world

BootsOnTarmac

I remind managers publicly whenever the subject of OLCC's are brought up during workgroup meetings, that the OLCC system should also be used for compliments. Very few managers actually use the OLCC system for this purpose. It's too bad that at Express a spanking is common and a pat on the back followed by a monetary Bravo Zulu are extremely rare. What are they afraid of, a poor score on the SFA for "favoritism"?. My manager will give out the occasional monetary Bravo Zulu in person and not make an announcement, giving the recipient a reward without the others carping about it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I doubt that. My old manager already mentioned them talking about 3 OLCC's eventually equaling one warning letter. Three warning letters in a year equals termination. We shall see what happens. I sure am not banking on them NEVER changing the policy.

And it would still take an act of Congress to get fired for anything outside of the worst of the conduct issues and having too many accidents.