Classic Upper Management Fail

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There have been so many, but the one that really stands-out is the re-branding of Kinko's to FedEx Office. 2 billion dollars later, everyone still calls it Kinko's. That's a superb use of scarce resources.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Ground will fail in the near future.
It is too fragmented of an operation to compete and has little talent.
Once Express is minimized, the epic fail of Ground will begin.
UPS is just sitting and waiting......

CJinx

I can't say that I understand why they felt the need to change the name, but I am not surprised that people still call it Kinkos. I think any major retail chain could change their name and would continue to get referred to be the old name. Hell, I work for Fedex and I still call it Kinkos. It is a difficult habit to break.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I have a Kinkos on my rt. I call it Kinkos to everyone b'c if you say "FDX office" people think you mean "the station".

Glorifiedpackmule

Express employees meet your replacement. His name is Bubba. His Jean shorts don't match his FedEx Ground shirt, his shoes don't match, he's only got two teeth, and he's got terrible B.O. But hey, he works for 10 bucks an hour. Can't beat that. You can bet your A** UPS is going to cash in on that when and if it happens.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Express employees meet your replacement. His name is Bubba. His Jean shorts don't match his FedEx Ground shirt, his shoes don't match, he's only got two teeth, and he's got terrible B.O. But hey, he works for 1

10 bucks an hour. Can't beat that. You can bet your A** UPS is going to cash in on that when and if it happens.

Exactly. You nailed it.

bbsam

Staff member
Express employees meet your replacement. His name is Bubba. His Jean shorts don't match his FedEx Ground shirt, his shoes don't match, he's only got two teeth, and he's got terrible B.O. But hey, he works for 10 bucks an hour. Can't beat that. You can bet your A** UPS is going to cash in on that when and if it happens.

That's all ya got? STFXG has ya beat by a mile. The only nail you got is the one in the Express courier career.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's all ya got? STFXG has ya beat by a mile. The only nail you got is the one in the Express courier career.
And you don't have your 28% increase in volume yet either. But when you do and like I've said before, we'll see if you guys can handle it. We'll be watchin'.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wait. Ground operates on a paper-thin margin of legality. When your non-employees get further tasked with Express-like duties and responsibilities they could suddenly appear to be employees to certain legal minds and government authorities. Lawsuits, coming down the highway like a weaving Ground driver.

55+

You have shown that watchin' your people doing all the hump work while you sit on this forum all day long is about all you can handle.
Just what mgt wants to see ..drivers slamming each other on this forum ...devide and conquer ..good job you guys

Glorifiedpackmule

"What's that you say?? Your new Computer didn't get delivered??? Sometimes..cough cough..Most of the time..Bubba Ground forgets to close his bulk head door when he goes into high rise office buildings for hours at a time"