Clear times

whenIgetthere

Get a load of this! I have reg. pick ups that will call in AFTER the cutoff and AFTER I have pupped the stop AFTER the ready time and claim I missed a pkg just so dispatch will send me back! Claiming it was my fault and blah blah blah.....complete and total lies. I confronted one customer who did that 3 times, and they complained. I had an OLCC waiting for me when I RTB!!

That happens all the time here! One route I used to cover alot had 15 1600-1700 stops, and four of them wanted their pick-up at 1655, and they were all bulks. Never failed, as soon as you'd leave one, they'd call to say you missed something. Being a swing, I always wrote the down the name of the person who said I was all set to go, as well as a description of them in case they tried to say I missed a package that wasn't ready when I left. As long as I had a name, my manager at the time wouldn't do a thing. Now that I have a new manager, I can't say the same, though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the one good thing about Telematics--it shows whether we were at the pickup at the time we said we were. I also had a customer say that I missed a pickup but the GPS showed that I was there and Telematics showed that I had stopped.

Rhoderunner

Our PPADS timestamp the pickup stops. I think it's more a problem of customers calling saying something was overlooked, send the driver back when indeed it was cleaned out. Great idea to get a name, like it !!!