Clearance Delay with Fedex Intl - this could ruin our business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriano Ferrari

Hi UPSers,

I know that you're on the other side, but I stumbled on this forum searching "Clearance delay fedex" and saw a thread saying that Fedexers do read this site. In any case, you'll all have experience with customs :-).

My wife and I have a skincare company here in Canada, and it's how we support our little family.
We sent a package by Fedex Intl Economy from Montreal to Chicago, but now it's stuck in customs with "Clearance Delay - Subject to review by Food/Drug Agency."

What are some things we can do to help it clear?
I've already looked through all FDA regulations that might apply to our products (natural skincare),
and we meet all the requirements (no prohibited/restricted ingredients, no "drug" claims, proper ingredient labelling, etc). Our broker filled out a "5106" form, and submitted to fedex...

We need this package to be in Chicago by Wednesday, for the (very important!) trade show.
Please, if you have any ideas on how to help, let us know!

Thanks,
Adriano

PS: btw, we send packages to the US all the time, via Fedex Ground... apparently it's quite different to use Air :confused:

Adriano Ferrari

Thanks for the tips, guys. :glare:

We did of course call Fedex.
I was hoping for a little perspective on customs clearance with FDA,
so I know better how to handle them on my calls.

It sucks to know nothing about how customs works!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Customs it seems picked your package at random. Had it happen to me before too, but they'll push it through once they get tired of looking at it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the tips, guys. :glare:

We did of course call Fedex.
I was hoping for a little perspective on customs clearance with FDA,
so I know better how to handle them on my calls.

It sucks to know nothing about how customs works!

There is no one on this forum who can help you get a package through duoanes.

FedGT

This really has nothing to do with FedEx, this is all customs and govt. It doesn't matter who you ship with if customs pulls for inspection, you will get it when they say you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.