Clerk/Driver Communications

Packmule

As always this time of year, snowy areas of the country are seeing their shares of ECs due to icy roads. Had plenty myself and always mark them "needs call" if I'm unable to contact them myself. These packages then disappear. Whether they were delivered to an alternate address, or will suddenly reappear a week later is anyone's guess.
Shouldn't there be a status report drivers can check to see what happened? How many more notes could be added to CPAD saving clerks countless hours down the road. And nothing is more frustrating than having it reappear right after the next snowstorm when I could have delivered it yesterday if I'd have had it.
Anybody have a smarter building with a better plan?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Maybe she is not a clerk but I keep getting messages from a certain OMS concerning ODS pickups. Is she not aware that the DIADS prompt us 20 minutes before an ODS pickup?
The other day she sends me a message that I had a pickup commit time of 1300. I knew this because I was the one that put that time in the DIAD. Not only that, I already received the prompt.
Customer calls me(friend of mine) and says he needs a little more time. Get a message later asking if I knew that I had completed the pickup 1 minute late. Why would I do such a thing? Explain your self.
She drives me crazy

jaker

trolling
In my center they are considered exceptions and we must pull them and give to clerk. A prompt of Diad at end of day even reminds you of what to give to clerk and ecd s are on it
We are supposed to do the same thing , but I never take my EC out and have never heard a thing about it

F

FrigidAdCorrector

In my center they are considered exceptions and we must pull them and give to clerk. A prompt of Diad at end of day even reminds you of what to give to clerk and ecd s are on it
I bet your clerk just throws it with the send agains. Won't pop up in their list

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe she is not a clerk but I keep getting messages from a certain OMS concerning ODS pickups. Is she not aware that the DIADS prompt us 20 minutes before an ODS pickup?
The other day she sends me a message that I had a pickup commit time of 1300. I knew this because I was the one that put that time in the DIAD. Not only that, I already received the prompt.
Customer calls me(friend of mine) and says he needs a little more time. Get a message later asking if I knew that I had completed the pickup 1 minute late. Why would I do such a thing? Explain your self.
She drives me crazy

Don't blame her. Your mgt team has to explain any missed OCA commits. This is why I always make my ETA as late as possible and try to complete the stop well ahead of that time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
She drives me crazy
Holy cow I make ODS pick ups late all the time.

It's a freaking guess as to when I might be there. That's it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We DR to the mailbox as directed. Very few EC's, just the cluster days. Days like that, our EC's stay on the truck.

UPSGUY72

Why are your EC's going to the clerk?

EC are going to the clerk because they come up as exception packages and fall under the new clerk package line on the DIAD when you get back to the building. The clerk calls the customer and if possible finds another delivery location, lets the customer know they can pick up the package if they want or lets the package go out again the next day for a another delivery attempt. This is done so the package just doesn't keep going out and brought back to the building multiple times for no reason.

Packmule

We DR to the mailbox as directed. Very few EC's, just the cluster days. Days like that, our EC's stay on the truck.
I'm Pushing customers on this more and more, only because I've got the years in if (and I probably will) get bit in the $&@?. We get told three four times a year not to leave stuff at mailboxes. Just another one of those no win situations UPS puts us in. That's why I am willing to follow policy if it was effective. But we need better communication from clerks on the status of any ECs we bring back. And if a stop gets too problematic, RTS and let the shippers notify them that they require an alternative address.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
EC are going to the clerk because they come up as exception packages and fall under the new clerk package line on the DIAD when you get back to the building. The clerk calls the customer and if possible finds another delivery location, lets the customer know they can pick up the package if they want or lets the package go out again the next day for a another delivery attempt. This is done so the package just doesn't keep going out and brought back to the building multiple times for no reason.
I don't see how this could possibly work when there's an actual snowstorm.

My clerk doesn't have room in his 4x5 foot room for thousands of EC.

UPSGUY72

I will also DR to a Mailbox if need be however I will only do so if the package can be bagged or something that not obviously valuable.

UPSGUY72

As I said they all don't get will called some get re-routed or just go back out the next day so those go back in the send again trailer.

Packmule

Ours get put on pallets in the first bay outside the office. Ones I think I can get the next day go on the regular pallet. Ones I know are not going to get better soon I mark needs call and put with other problem pkgs.