Clerk

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If done properly in the DIAD you'd be doing the company a service, yes. By all means keep up the good work. I however, wouldn't use my personal phone to call the addressee. Just me I guess but I tend to keep personal and work separate.

What if it were medicine or something you know the consignee really needs? (Yeah, I know, if they really needed it they would have made sure their address was correct)

I will call if there is a phone number on the package or if they are listed in the phone book; however, more and more people are dropping their landlines and the phone companies do not yet list cellphone numbers in the phone books.

I use my cell phone for work when it benefits me or my customers.

If I am having trouble finding an address I will call for directions if there is a number on the package. Sometimes it may be because of a bad address on the label. I then deliver if I am somewhat close. I also call at apartments if no one answers the buzzer or can't get in the security door. Much rather get rid of the package the first time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images

Your biggest responsibility will be to prevent shoplifting and to keep Jay and Silent Bob from hanging out in front of the store.
37???

rod

Retired 22 years
The clerk at my old center and the porter have been there going on 40 years. They are both retiring in November I believe. They both were hired under the old contracts so they get paid the same dollar amount per hour as the drivers get plus they both have 7 weeks vacation and full benefits for their families. Not a bad part time job. I'm sure UPS with be doing cart wheels when these two leave. For the most part they spend their 4 hours a day BSing with each other.

BrownChoice

If done properly in the DIAD you'd be doing the company a service, yes. By all means keep up the good work. I however, wouldn't use my personal phone to call the addressee. Just me I guess but I tend to keep personal and work separate.

What is this correct method?